Some questions before I purchase

Started by qwerty, August 14, 2009 · 2 Replies · 2,377 Views

qwerty

Hi all!Just need some simple information.

1/ How high do you have to hang the rings from to effectively use them?This will let me know do I need to buy the book and the rings or just the book.

2/How effectively would this strengthening program apply to soccer and other sports(I know it wouldn't be the most effective but I like the idea behind the program).Strength,speed,power,jump height(I have an ambition to be able to slam dunk,just a personal goal)

Thank you

Blairbob

Some of us can only hang our rings from a doorway pullup bar or standing home pullup tower so that means rings are hanging 2-3 feet. It works.

Leg strength and power would apply well to soccer and basketball. I like soccer but don't think too highly of it. It's a fun game.

Bob Sanders

Well the only way to get better at soccer is to do soccer and keep doing it. But gymnastics will help loads from, strength, to core strength to body awareness since you are using your boding to move the ball if that makes any sense. Get to know your body awareness with gymnastics training. It's no different than weight lifting. Your body is the barbell. Where do you plan on hanging the rings?