diamidov

Started by bobthepi, April 8, 2015 · 34 Replies · 10,236 Views

vannybute

If it doesn't stop, would he be exempted from doing tumbling in real gymnastics competitions? 

vannybute

Yup, exactly. One of the big things he needs to build is his handstand. 

pashamur

This is only applicable after the prerequisites mentioned by Coach, but here's a video of [some of] the Diamidov progressions (as well as more difficult skills where Diamidov is used as a base skill):

 

chuchodani
Joshua Chan said:

Coach, that´s the best answer I´ve ever heard in my entire life. It made me laugh so hard 

True ! It had the same effect on me haha.

vannybute

Same here lol

Daniel Burnham
GenericGymnast said:

Yes, by pommel I mean mushroom :) I think the lead coaches are really good, founder is world champ, just his coach is a bit less experienced being a teenager. But I think its good for him to train independently for a bit. Lead coaches come in at level 4, but before team he wants solid base for future gym

You need to start learning skills as early as possible for your success in gymnastics. Strength will help compensate but the development years are important. Don't try to go it alone at the age of 11.

Cole Dano

Can't emphasise what Daniel said enough.

vannybute

Well I wish some sort of compensation was possible. but I don't think it is :(

aiken54

If he's ready for Diamidov, he's ready to be in a gym.

vannybute

He's not. I was simply curious, so I posted :)