Hello everyone
I have been following a basic Gymnastic Bodies routine for 5 weeks now and I am looking to progress from the tuck variations of the planche and the Hanging Leg Lift as well as progress onto an L-sit pull-up. The over-riding problem I have is that I cannot straighten my legs horizontally in these positions and they tend to slope downwards otherwise I have to bend at my knees just to keep my thighs parallel - are there are additional exercises stretches that will help me improve this flexibility.
This is my current routine:
Routine 1a
back lever tuck (6 x 10 sec) + pull-up (3x3)
frog stand (6 x 10) + raised fx push-up (3x3)
front lever tuck (6 x 10) + deck squat (3x3)
L-sit pb tuck (6 x 10) + hll tuck half (3x3)
Routine 2a (same reps/sets as above)
back lever tuck + xr ground rows
frog stand + pb jumping dips
front lever tuck + single leg squat negative
L-sit pb tuck + archup
I have been complimenting the Planche, Front lever, back lever and L-sit with dips, pull-ups, single leg squats etc using a steady cycle integrated program. When is it wise to start implementing the Manna, the Straddle L and the handstand? How important are these respective moves and which should I start implementing first as a more important movement? OR Would I be wiser increasing the length of time in hold from 10 secs (i currently find 10 sec quite manageable) and then progressing on to more difficult variations of the Bl, Fl, Planche and L-sit before introducing the Manna, straddle-l and handstand?
Also should I be looking at more difficult variations of the fundamental body weight exercises (pull-ups, sls, press-ups, dips etc) or increasing the number of sets and reps in the variations I already use? I don't struggle to complete 3 reps over 3 sets in any of the movements now.
I own the Building the Gymnastic Body book but require a bit more advice.
Thanks in advance.