Hello! My name is Jason and I am new to this board. I would be incredibly grateful if someone could critique my program. I am 32 years old, almost 5'10'', 152lbs, lean, and not totally new to training. I eat incredibly clean most of the time. I can already do a full range handstand pushup or two, pistols with about 50lbs, chins with about 70lbs., pullups with about 40lbs., etc...
Here are my goals (mostly in order):
1. Close the #3 Captain's of Crush (I am a massage therapist and feats of hand strength are the coolest thing in the world to me)
2. Free handstand--->Free handstand pushup--->one arm handstand, etc..
3. One arm pullup
4. One arm pushup
5. Front Lever
6. Plance
7. Flag
8. Gain 20lbs of muscle (I know this is mostly diet, and won't help the above goals, but its what I want)
9. Acheive/maintain about 6% BF (again, diet, I don't have a hard time with this part)
Here is my routine as currently written:
M-F: Grease the groove with Captain's of Crush (I am on the #1 still, but I can close it now twice with right hand, once with left hand)
Modified crossfit warmup:
3x10-15 of the following:
20-30 seconds Samson stretch
Overhead squats with broomstick
Bicycles
Chins
Hindu Pushups
Bridging (Wrestler's and Gymnastic)
Monday, Wednesday, Friday alternate workouts A and B (Alternate order of push/pull exercises each time)
Workout A:
Handstand (walk on hands and static holds), weighted pullups (usually heavy singles), flag (I haven't located a place to train this yet), Deadlift
Workout B:
One arm pushup (singles on a book-I am almost to the floor-I can do them on the floor now actually but they are ugly), Lever progression, Atlas Side Bends (What I do for obliques in place of training the flag), Pistols
Tuesday and Thursday: Jump rope
Saturday and Sunday: Off but do some mobility (Intu-flow, etc)
I left out the planche in the interest of getting the one arm pushup ASAP since I am so close to it, and will replace it with the planche when I can knock off five or so in a row with good form. Any help at all would be appreciated and thanks for letting me post on your forum!
Good luck and safe training to you all!
Jason