This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE1 Seated Russian Twist & iM, Form & Mastery Check

Started by Ron Walker, March 31, 2015 · 5 Replies · 264 Views

Ron Walker

Hey guys, am I doing this properly? Can I proceed to the next element?

 

https://youtu.be/-0AWNVbKdYU

 

Thanks,

 

Ron

Giovanni Garcea

Hi Ron,

 

I'm a super newbie so I can't really give any reasonable advice, but I've been struggling myself to understand if I am doing this exercise properly. I watched the video in the course many many times and these are a few differences that I noticed with your form check. In the course video:

  • Upper body rotates much more. When the weight is touching the ground the shoulders are pretty much parallel to the legs, so it is a almost 90 degrees (maybe 80ish) rotation on both sides.
  • Arms are almost straight, just a slight bend at the elbows. If you do that you will be forced to rotate more in order to touch the ground with the weight.
  • The head rotates together with the upper body, so at the end of a rotation, you are looking at the left or right side. In your video you are keeping your head looking straight ahead at all times.
  • It looks like Orench is leaning back a little more than you are.
  • Orench is going much slower. I believe we should keep a similar tempo as the course videos, not exactly the same, but similar.

I'm new to the course, so my knowledge is limited, but I understand that our form should look pretty much like the athletes in the video to claim mastery.

Ron Walker

Thanks for your advice Giovanni, looking at it now compared to Orenchs, I see the difference! I will make the adjustments and post another video on the forum. 

 

Cheers!

 

 

 

 

LateStarter@46

Ha ha, I liked the way you chucked the weight away  :)

 

Sometimes you follow the weight with your head sometimes you don't. Also, it doesn't look like the exercise is doing anything for you - can you feel your obliques working? If not, up the weight and slow the tempo. Feel the muscular twist happening in your waist and the rotation in your upper back.

Ron Walker

 Hey guys here is an update on my progress.