Starting Again...

Started by colinjca, March 27, 2015 · 6 Replies · 23,249 Views

colinjca

Greetings All,

 

I began F1 and H1 over a year ago but, in spite of making what felt like substantial progress, was forced to stop due to old injuries.  My left ankle and right shoulder mobility were extremely limited, and there was significant joint pain.  It turned out that both needed surgical intervention.  The restriction on my activity cost me a lot - cardio and strength, as well as mobility, have declined.

 

The surgeries are out of the way now and, as I'm recovering from the most recent operation (the shoulder), I'm looking forward to starting up my training again.  My body and physiotorturist will guide me as I return to full activity.

 

Restoring mobility is a huge concern for me, and I see that now there is a stretching course.

 

Does this series integrate with F1/H1?  Is it advisable to run the stretching series concurrently with F1/H1, or should I go through that first before returning to F1/H1 progression?

 

I would appreciate some advice.

 

 

Colin

Joshua Slocum

The stretch series are intended to be done concurrently with the Foundation and Handstand series. Each stretch series contains a roughly 45 minute stretching routine - it's recommended you perform each one once per weak. 

Jon Douglas
colinjca said:

physiotorturist

Nice :)

 

Note the the front split series has a fair bit of ankle/calf flexibility work. Post surgery this could be exactly what you need or could be a little bit much for you; make you do run these by your medical practitioner :)

Riku Calderón

Hi!

Im with you! Just so tired of always braking myself on MMA.

I did GB before but was really a tourist here for a year now. Desited to drop the MMA all together and do some jiu jitsu once in a while.

Now it is time to take GB more seriously and do some running also. Im getting too old and now we can still turn the clock!!

korija
Riku Calderón said:

Hi!

Im with you! Just so tired of always braking myself on MMA.

I did GB before but was really a tourist here for a year now. Desited to drop the MMA all together and do some jiu jitsu once in a while.

Now it is time to take GB more seriously and do some running also. Im getting too old and now we can still turn the clock!!

haha vähä niiku meikä, vapaaottelua ja bjj pari vuotta kunnes huomasin että pysty ei enää kehity nii lopetin vaparin siihe ja jatkoin bjj. Sitte tuli lopetettua seki ja f7 tehny sen jälkee :P

Riku Calderón
korija said:

haha vähä niiku meikä, vapaaottelua ja bjj pari vuotta kunnes huomasin että pysty ei enää kehity nii lopetin vaparin siihe ja jatkoin bjj. Sitte tuli lopetettua seki ja f7 tehny sen jälkee :P

:P

colinjca

Thanks for the comments.

It'll be another few weeks before I can even attempt push-ups, I'm told.

I suppose I'll have to be patient - not the quality I'm best know for.