Hello All

Started by Mad Grappler, March 27, 2015 · 2 Replies · 1,488 Views

Mad Grappler

Hello,

I have been lurking on this site for about one month. I have decided that GST,under GB protocol, is right for me. I have seen the challenge and accepted it by purchasing Foundation 1 today. This method is a welcomed change from my previous experience with exercise.

I started a bodybuilding style routine at the ripe old age of 12, thanks to a well meaning but uninformed father. I am from Alabama, where football is king. My father figured that he'd give his boys a jump on scholarships, yadda yadda.

So, we started a bodybuilding program expecting carryover into football. Fast forward six years, I earned a scholarship for football and got bigger and stronger over a 5 year (redshirt) D-1 football career. I suspect the scholarship was earned from natural athleticism and the specific football skills learned from my father throughout my career. The only thing I can attribute to my early and continued use of bodybuilding routines is injury.

I have had numerous hamstring pulls and twisted ankles and knees. I tore a muscle in my right quad. The most significant damage is severe arthritis in my hips and a hip labrum tear. I had surgery on February 3 2015. The doctor expects to replace my hip in five years. Oh I am 33 years old by the way ;-)

I am looking forward to developing awesome mobility and strength in places I never thought of. Hopefully, this will make my hips stronger and I look forward to possibly hitting a pancake one day. Thanks for reading!

Oompa2

Welcome mate and enjoy each moment.

 

- Callum

blazeoneying

hello there! im new here too