Hey everyone,
I wanted to get started with some kind of gymnastics program, and F1 and H1 really seem like what I'm after. The only issue is that around 1 year ago, I developed a serious left wrist pain. It seems like I have a small cyst that caused tissue to get inflamed. After a good amount of rest, the inflammation went away, but the cyst remains. The doctor mentioned that sometimes they go away, sometimes they stay for a long time.
Bending the wrist and putting pressure hurts a bit. I'm afraid doing it often would bring back the inflammation again, which would be pretty terrible. So I've stuck to doing everything on parallettes, which actually does not hurt at all. I've been doing push-ups and planks on parallettes for close to 6 months with zero pain.
Anyways, I'm sure F1 and H1 have plenty of work with wrist flat on the ground. Is it possible to substitute those exercises with just doing them on parallettes? Or will I lose so much of the benefit, that I might as well try a different program altogether? I want to make sure the program will actually work well and as intended with this major modification before making the purchase and sticking to it.
Thank you for any clarification! It's deeply appreciated!