Beyond F1 - thoughts on doing additional training for wakeboarding

Started by Sean Barry, March 17, 2015 · 0 Replies · 1,355 Views

Sean Barry

Back in February 2013 I bought F1.  I followed the program for some time and really really enjoyed it.  In my view it is one of the best/most logical training programs I have ever had the pleasure of following (thanks Coach!).  Due to time/prioritising different things, I stopped following F1 quite a while ago, but will be starting again when I wake up tomorrow morning :-)

 

Over the past few months I have given more focus to trying to find a level of commitment to exercise that I am happy with (swimming used to be my life, I stopped 8 years ago and it's taken me that long to get the other parts of my life to a point that I'm happy with without that 'rock').

 

Recently I was introduced to wakeboarding, and after much deliberation, have decided that it is something that I would like to pursue as my 'main hobby'.  I think that to make my progression on the board as smooth as possible (minimise injuries), that I should be focusing on:

 

- time on the water

- development of proprioception

- trampoline

- tumbling

- FIFA 11 / other neuromuscular training

- lateral jumps / jumping on fit balls etc

- functional strength (F1 onwards)

- flexibility (stretch series)

- aerobic work (running/cycling with friends)

 

It would be great to hear people's thoughts on this!