Hello
In the GB curriculum, coach says that H2 is a corequest for H1 .
Does it mean that it is possible to do both H1&H2 together?
If it does, it is possible to do that with F1 also?
Thank you.
Started by itaman8, March 16, 2015 · 9 Replies · 2,625 Views
Hello
In the GB curriculum, coach says that H2 is a corequest for H1 .
Does it mean that it is possible to do both H1&H2 together?
If it does, it is possible to do that with F1 also?
Thank you.
H1 and h2 can be done together, but a prerequisite for h2 is f2.
Vincearoo said:H1 and h2 can be done together, but a prerequisite for h2 is f2.
Ahh, so it can't be done with F1...
Ok, thank you, I will continue to work hard to master F1 and F2 perfectly.
It is necessary to master F2 and HS/SE7 before beginning productive H2 work.
Master F2 and HS/SE7 before beginning productive H2 SE work. You can start on H2 PEs as soon as F2 is mastered.
Thank you fot the answers.
Bro said:Master F2 and HS/SE7 before beginning productive H2 SE work. You can start on H2 PEs as soon as F2 is mastered.
I wouldn't think for instance an Arch body hold is required for beginning H2 PEs. I think the important factor here is the manna progression as I can see why that would be beneficial to handstand presses. Just a thought.
Hollow Man said:I wouldn't think for instance an Arch body hold is required for beginning H2 PEs. I think the important factor here is the manna progression as I can see why that would be beneficial to handstand presses. Just a thought.
Make sense..
Hollow Man said:I wouldn't think for instance an Arch body hold is required for beginning H2 PEs. I think the important factor here is the manna progression as I can see why that would be beneficial to handstand presses. Just a thought.
The MN progressions are particularly important, but there are two other reasons why waiting to finish F2 may be a good idea:
- developing general upper body strength. H2 assumes that you already have some significant trap and scap strength in particular.
- press handstands are a very technical movement. The experience you get critiquing and observing your own technique by working through F2 will serve you well in H2.
If you think you already have a lot of upper body strength and the ability to refine technique to a great degree, you might be OK starting H2 before you finish all of F2, but these two factors are a good reason to finish F2 first, especially if you're new to GST.
Joshua Slocum said:The MN progressions are particularly important, but there are two other reasons why waiting to finish F2 may be a good idea:
- developing general upper body strength. H2 assumes that you already have some significant trap strength.
- press handstands are a very technical movement. The experience you get critiquing and observing your own technique by working through F2 will serve you well in H2.
If you think you already have a lot of upper body strength and the ability to refine technique to a great degree, you might be OK starting H2 before you finish all of F2, but these two factors are a good reason to finish F2 first, especially if you're new to GST.
I'm still on foundation one..
I will finish foundation 1&2 first and then add H2, I don't want to start something so important when I'm still not ready for it.
Thank you, it really helped.