This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Help with RCPE6

Started by David Lishego, March 15, 2015 · 28 Replies · 1,515 Views

Geoffrey Mayne

After reading this, I am completely on board with it.  However, I am still trying to wrap my head around how to report in the template so that the template knows what to tell me to do next.  Example: On FL/PE1, I can do 5x60, but I did by focusing on breathing and working hard.  I would not have been able to chat with someone wandering by, or drink the aforementioned coke.  So, the question: How do I enter times and information into the system so that I my program doesn't think that my skill level is all unicorns and skittles? 

If I am shifting toward manual workout direction, should I backup to the point that it IS unicorns and skittles?  (Note: this is an idiom.  I'm trying to understand whether I should step back to a level that is coke-drinking easy, and only progress when I get to that level)

The goal is the goal: I want to have strong, healthy, limber joints and musculature.  Checking boxes the fastest gets me nothing. ;)

Again, the two questions:

- When do I advance in a progression?  Completion, or easy completion?

- How do I best use the online tool to keep myself on the right track?

Thanks to all who are providing the voluntary help.  I will certainly pay it forward when I move from foolish beginner to wise beginner.

Alessandro Mainente

Always you should feel a progression mastery easy. Can you hold a static position more then the mastery at the end of the last set? or do more reps on the last sets? (it is enough 5-6 seconds or 1-2 reps) if yes move on,if not you did not reached the super compensation. 

PAUL DALY

I'm surprised no one suggested an extra deep de-load. Bad idea? 

 

Jon Douglas
9 hours ago, PAUL DALY said:

I'm surprised no one suggested an extra deep de-load. Bad idea? 

 

For chin hangs? Bad idea in my book. Static hold working near minute sets should not require anything special to recover from and if I back off extra far, I find it harder to complete 60s sets on the week after. Might be just mental, but to my mind there is a reason we cut reps in half rather than take a week off :)