This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

When to start f7 training?

Started by Maeren, March 15, 2015 · 19 Replies · 1,124 Views

Maeren

So we should prioritice the use of f7 in a workout over the splits? is any parameter we should proceed before using f7? if yes can someone give me advice on how to efeciently use it? 

 

im doing foundation elements once a week splited on four workouts and im going to start h1 too.

im thinking in f7 once a week and h1 once a week and save time for other activities, is this suitable for progress?

 

 

Thanks in advance and excuses for bad english  :)

mounir

Hello Maeren,

Your priority should be to find a schedule which suits your recovery ability the best (as mentioned in the course material). F7 is not a goal, just one of the many scheduling options.

Good luck!

ausswe

i thought f7 was a goal? vaguely remember reading a discussion ages ago about how we should strive to do f7 down the line.  could be wrong... either way the warm up for rings would probably require the work capacity of an f7 work out or close to it.  i started on the 4/3 schedule and then after i was comfortable with that mode of training i switched it to 5/2  then built up until i was comfortable there then did 6/1 rinse and repeat until doing f7..... also i felt physically capable of doing f7 before i was mentally capable of it.  i took longer to get to f7 so i wouldnt go into the workout dreading it.

mounir

Good point ausswe. In that regard F7 can be a goal. I like how you slowly worked your way to f7. For me personally just reaching f2 will be reason enough to throw a party :). But always strive for greatness of course. In regard to Maerens question i think prioritizing f7 over the splits is not necessary other then scheduling reasons. Unless you want the extra challenge :). I have challenge enough at the moment (STRETCH COURSES).

Cheers

Murray Truelove

Probably in F2 when the reps and hold times are shorter.

Bro'

I see it as a goal too, but to improve work capacity. I can do that before completion of the series or after. If I do that before, I might progress more slowly on each element. If I do that after, I will have probably progressed faster, and will be able to mergre the workouts regardless.

Maeren

so basically work to it slowly and try to keep balance between work capacity progress and the PE/iMs, rigth?

shughes89

I do F7 twice a week and I'm still on the initial elements of Foundation One. I've found no difference doing it this way than four split workouts per week.

Alexander Egebak

From what I understand F7 is a way of integrating it with H1 and building up better work capacity (being able to handle more work for one session).

Coach Sommer

Eventually you will all need to progress to F7 as later F7 is the required warmup for ring strength training.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

vinca_minor

... but if you're asking about it in the F1 forum, then you've got months to years before you get to that point, and your work capacity will increase as a side effect of all that training time.    Do what fits your schedule and recovery abilities for now.   Adjust if it doesn't work.

Jon Douglas
vinca_minor said:

... but if you're asking about it in the F1 forum, then you've got months to years before you get to that point, and your work capacity will increase as a side effect of all that training time. Do what fits your schedule and recovery abilities for now. Adjust if it doesn't work.

Disagree. More than 50% of my training up till now has been 2* F7 per week. With that extra rest day I was able to build up my work capacity very quickly

Jon Douglas

Please excuse my double post, but this was particularly good for me with a seminar upcoming. When you get only a few days to train with Coach, you don't wanna waste time being tired. Being able to do your F7 is near-mandatory to make the most of the opportunity.

LateStarter@46

What is the official definition of a F7 warm-up (for Rings training) please?

(The Search function didn't like 'F7')

 

Is it something like 5 x mastery sets of FL SE11, sPL SE11, HBP SE8, RC SE5, MN SE16, SL SE10, and SLS SE9?

Krel

It is probably indicated in R1 ;)

Awesssss
Coach Sommer said:

Eventually you will all need to progress to F7 as later F7 is the required warmup for ring strength training.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Can you describe this warm up? :)

Coach Sommer
Hollow Man said:

Can you describe this warm up? :)

 

I have already done so in the F3 forum.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Alexander Egebak
Coach Sommer said:

I have already done so in the F3 forum.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Is it possible for you to repost it here? I know F1 access is not enough for the end-skills to be revealed in details but given we already know what the end is going to be...

Coach Sommer
Alexander Egebak said:

Is it possible for you to repost it here? I know F1 access is not enough for the end-skills to be revealed in details but given we already know what the end is going to be...

 

No, it is not pertinent at your level of development.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

kingzlo
Coach Sommer said:

Eventually you will all need to progress to F7 as later F7 is the required warmup for ring strength training.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I see where it would be a warm up in the future for the rings.  I went into F7 today and felt hella good on the push and pull routines at the end (5set by 9reps (each)).  My back muscles was still contracting periodically after I finished (ended with hinge row hold at the top).  

 

I was compelled to do F7 from reading other forum(s), particularly inspired by what Jon Douglas stated in another fourm on F7.  

 

I did F7 waaaaay back, when first I started GB, but was exhausted after the fact, and just did the split training.   Yet today, I barely felt tired.  Mind you, this week is Mastery for me and MAYBE I should've started from the first week of the 4 week mini cycle.  Even thinking back during the first week, how my body may be taxed this week (3rd week), as I thought of the routine(s) I was going through then, at that time.  

 

Looking forward to deload week next week.  Of course that should be a piece of cake with F7 and should help with the start of fully integrating F7 in overall with the next mini cycle.  That should determine if I should go fully with F7 or go with what Jon Douglas mentioned in the other forum talk of F7 (link in second paragraph).