Seeking Advice About (Distal Biceps Injurry)

Started by JohnScott, March 9, 2015 · 0 Replies · 1,643 Views

JohnScott

Hello Everyone,

I'm new here. I found the forum through Google search. So, I thought I would take your advice on this subject.

7 weeks ago, I was training very hard and not getting enough nutrition nor sleep. So, I ended up with a biceps distal injury. I was doing (Static 90 degrees pull ups -One arm-) Front levers & weighted pull ups,
in that order. While I was doing the last exercise - Weighted pull ups - I heard a pop coming from my biceps, however there was no pain but I stopped training immediately and the pain increased by the time on that day.
I saw a doctor and he gave an Anti Inflammatory and Massage cream to apply for two weeks. I asked if it was a tear or what, The doctor said that what happened is that the tendon "Snapped" and I shouldn't do anything for two weeks and then try lifting a chair. After two weeks the pain was gone but I couldn't lift a chair. I went to the gym and tried Lat pull down @7 - 14 - 21Kg. I had a feeling or slight pain with the 21 and couldn't do inverted Rows without pain. After some research online I found that this type of injury requires 4-6 Weeks of rest. So here I am now after 7 weeks of rest.

That's the whole story. Now, I want your advice or opinion just so I could add more information about this issue I have. I'm planning to go to the gym tomorrow and do a full body workout with weights and bodyweight. Just light work for pull movement and medium for push and legs.

I'm not making this clear  :D Let me clear this up. Do you have any idea about what I should do or shouldn't do in this time? Did someone have the same injury and could enlighten me?
Am I correct on going and trying things tomorrow or should I wait longer? Is there exercises to do before getting back to workout again?

Further Info, When I was injuried I was training Calisthenics along with some of the Gymnastics Skills
Handstand, Front & back Levers, Early stages of Planche, Pistol squats, one arm push ups, l-sit.
Two weeks ago, I started trying stuff at home. Such as push ups and handstand. Pushing for me is fine. I could do push ups, Handstand push ups, Pike push ups, Pseudo Planche push ups/leans, Holding a 70% perfect tuck planche :). I also tried 1 Pull ups two days ago and didn't feel pain just felt like I'm very weak as in a person who can't do many pull ups and was shaking A LOT. yesterday tried some sacpula retraction/despressin (SHAKING A LOOOOT)

 

-Forgot to mention, There's still some swelling in the outside of the biceps (Brachialis)

That it :) Thanks in advance for any opinions or advices. Sorry for the very long tppic