Hi all,
I'm thinking of purchasing F1 and H1, but have concerns about a shoulder injury. I'm 50 years old, and have spent the last year or so rehabbing some pretty bad rotator cuff tendonitis and biceps tendonitis (anterior shoulder pain). I've come a long way and for at least 9 months have been back to weightlifting, handstands, frog stands, front lever work, etc. The tendonitis is still there, but I'm learning to manage it. I'm told it will never heal completely mostly due to inadequate blood flow to those areas.
My real concern is with dips. This post by Eric Cressey explains it very well: http://www.ericcressey.com/baseball-strength-training-programs-dips (That's me in the comments asking about muscle-ups, and being told directly to never do dips again.) Eric is generally very concerned about any movement that puts the elbow behind the body as this aggravates the anterior shoulder capsule. It's certainly a problem for me.
Part of me is optimistic that with slow and proper progression I can get back to doing dips pain-free, but another part of me knows that is very unlikely.
So, does F1 make any sense at all if one can't do dips? On the other hand, is F1 the real road to recovery?