This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Quick Question about the Hurdler Stretches (SE 14-17)

Started by Sensei JP, March 4, 2015 · 1 Replies · 316 Views

Sensei JP

First an observation: my narrow hurdler stretch (SE 14-15) is much harder than the wide hurdler (SE 16-17).  What changes between these two stretches?  I'm assuming each hits a different area of the hamstring?

 

Now for my question.  How important is foot position?  My feet naturally point outwards, to the point where if I stand straight or lie on my back my feet point will point more to the side walls than straight ahead.  It's been like this since I was a child.  When I do the hurdler stretches, my foot (and I suppose my hip along with it) want to rotate outward.  This is far more comfortable for both my hamstring and my hip.

 

Basically, am I 'allowed' to do this, or should I fight to keep toes to ceiling?