This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

foot drifts outside and heel elevation problems

Started by dmmTurnen, February 27, 2015 · 1 Replies · 392 Views

dmmTurnen

Hello,

I realised the following problems reoccur so I want to ask for advice:

 

a)  -- heel elevation --

When I try to do a squat (hands placed in front of the body)  my heels come of the floor, although I have  no problems with this phenomenon in se11. Is this a sign of poor achilles-flexibility? Should I pull the heels actively to the floor or just be patient and just continue to do front squats?

 

b)  -- hips to floor --

FS14 - do both hips should stay flat on the ground, the video does not show this in detail? The hip on the side of the elevated leg comes up a little bit but I would be able to pull the hip actively to the ground, even if I feel a little discomfort in the knee. Should I do this or is the little elevation ok if I focus on bringing the elevated straight leg/knee to the ground?

 

c)  -- foot rotation --

I realised, that - for example in SE16 - my foot of the elevated and straight leg has the tendency to drift outside, so that the toes do not point upwards but outwards. Should I only stretch so far as I am able to keep my foot actively pointed upwards or should I use my hands to keep the foot in position (or is it even not so important)? I do not feel uncomfortable during the stretch before my foots starts to rotate, so I would be able to go deeper would the ,,foot problem" not be ...

 

 

d) -- active muscle tension --

If I do the pike I feel that I can keep the leg straight in two ways:

I) relax and do a pike

II) actively activate the muscles in the legs and pull myself with muscle-power into the pike (the kneecap comes up)

 

Which way is correct? With II) it's very hard to keep going for 2 minutes and I feel with I) more relaxation and a deeper stretch after the 1 minute mark.

 

 

 

Thank's a lot for help.

 

Greetings from Germany

Daniel

 

 

 

 

Coach Sommer

a - tight achilles

 

b - both glutes remain on the ground

 

c - either vertical or slightly rolled outward is fine.  However do not allow the foot to roll inward.

 

d - mix the two as you feel like

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer