Help me achieve my goal

Started by battman, February 24, 2015 · 6 Replies · 2,388 Views

battman

I really want to become more strong and leaner, something like this (http://i.ytimg.com/vi/0w7LxPh5ppQ/maxresdefault.jpg)

I just started on foundation 1, and is heading down that road to achieve my goals.

But what about my nutrition, i really dont like the bodybuilding type of way to eat, i think its way to stressful to all the time to think about eating, and i dont want that type of stress in my life.

I try to eat healthy with many veggies and get alot of water.

My day could look like this:
Breakfast: Oatmeal with milk, and some juice.

Lunch: Chicken, veggies and rice.

Dinner: Meat, Rice/potatoes, veggies.

Snack if i want to is typical Nuts and fruit.

 

Can i achieve a body like his this way?

Alexander Egebak

You should really read some posts in the nutrition forum before asking us

Joshua Slocum

You're on a right track. Eat lots of veggies, eat enough protein, and avoid highly refined foods. 

battman

But what about all that surplus thing that bodybuilders, keep talking about. Should i forget that, and just eat like i posted?

Joshua Slocum

You don't need a massive caloric surplus, but you do need to make sure you're getting enough calories and protein. 

battman

Okay so would you recomend to keep doing what i do now?

amar654

That depends on how much chicken/meat you are consuming. Your breakfast is largely low-protien from the looks of it. Personally I think the whole 1g per pound of bodyweight of protein thing was a scam made up by supplement companies to sell more protein. I figure I get around 130-150 g of protein each day and I am doing fine, even when I was powerlifting for football.

 

As for determining caloric surplus, I think each BMR is a personal thing. The whole online calcualtors never worked for me. What I found to be a good way to find our BMR was this;

Record what you eat daily, your normal diet. Count up the calories at the end of each day.  DO this for 7 days 

Take the number for each day and add them up, then divid by seven. The number you get is your new BMR. Add 100-200 calories on top of that to put on muscle. If you stop gaining muscle, add 100-200 calories again. This way you wont "spill over" (I.E gain fat)