This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

New Stretch Course!

Started by Joseph Morris, February 20, 2015 · 36 Replies · 2,735 Views

Adriano Augusto

These series are golden. I'm doing drawings in a paper with the exercises to carry with me at the gym because I dont have wifi there and my gosh, incredible follow along classes, is like almost the seminar.

As for programming is concerned, to me is easy. M, W and F I do Foundation, Stretch series will come after the main session. T and and Thurs HS1,2 If some day I don't have time, I'll put them on weekends. But hey, are 45 minutes max, I think is doable if you are focus in what you are doing. We're not doing rings, movement... I was waiting for this to fill my 'stretching' time that it was limited and, frankly, a little crazy about the exercises.

We will see. I've watched all the follow along series and prepare for some pain. And some Kira-Love also.

Thaaaaaanks!

Murray Truelove
Keegan said:

What would be the recommendation regarding how to schedule these stretching workouts within a given week? I am going to do all 3, but want to give sufficient time for recovery and suspect there will be some carryover soreness between at least the Middle Split and Front Split sessions.

Did the Middle Split one today and it felt great (and by that I mean it was intense)! Expecting to be sore either today or tomorrow.

You do each one once a week, that's what Coach Sommer said in the other forum.

Keegan

Thanks Murray. Yes I was aware of that (it is written in the stretch course screen I believe and Coach says it in one of the videos). What I meant was, if we want to give a full week of recovery between times when we do the same stretch session, what would be the best way to schedule the 3 sessions so as to avoid any overlap that might occur (specifically Front Split and Middle Split, since both will hit the Hamstrings some).

I guess after thinking about it though the answer is pretty obvious. Was just looking to see if Coach, or anyone who is familiar with the stretching sequences from the seminars had found an optimal schedule.

Coach Sommer
ausswe said:

I haven't checked but surely here is some inter grate stretching option in the workout planner?

 

Why?  Completely unnecessary.  Three days a week, finish your workout.  Add a stretch.  Done.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach Sommer

I prefer FSs on Monday, TBs on Wednesday and MSs on Friday, however that is simply a matter of personal preference.  Just pick days in your schedule where the stretch courses fit well and then be consistent.  And never miss.  Period.

 

As I was just explaining to a student the other day, allow nothing to interfere with your training - it is your time to honor your commitment to yourself.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Keegan

Thanks for the reply Coach. I did the MS first, so I guess I'll just put FS on Thursday (going to do TB on Tuesday) and essentially reverse the order of MS and FS from the one you mentioned and see how that works for me.

Coremus
Destiny said:

If you are only going to get one I say just choose depending on your current sticking points because in the end flexibility in all these areas will be necessary for many foundation exercises. You cannot complete Foundation without flexibility in all these areas.

Currently my sticking point is swivel hips. I've been on that for months. I won't have enough time to do all 3 stretch series so maybe I should just start off with the front split? Thanks

Eric Baum

Is it too much for the legs and hips doing the FS and the MS one after another?

I have two days where I can fit the stretches so in one of the days I'll have to do two of them in a row. And I'm not sure what combination would fit better.

Coach Sommer
Baum said:

Is it too much for the legs and hips doing the FS and the MS one after another?

I have two days where I can fit the stretches so in one of the days I'll have to do two of them in a row. And I'm not sure what combination would fit better.

You will maximize your bodies' adaptative response to the two different hip centered protocols by performing them on different days.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Javier

Does the follow-along cover exactly the same progressions as in the stretch course? 

JaredL
Javier said:

Does the follow-along cover exactly the same progressions as in the stretch course? 

Yes.

Coach Sommer
Javier said:

Does the follow-along cover exactly the same progressions as in the stretch course? 

 

Of course.  You guys are already confused enough!  ;)

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer