This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Superman Outdone?

Started by dynamo, February 18, 2015 · 4 Replies · 376 Views

dynamo

Thank you Coach for the new SL progressions.

 

Perhaps the new progressions are an evolution toward our end game, namely the slde lever also commonly called the human flag; however I was really starting to like the Supermans.  I'm still stuck on PE1, but I felt the road to mastering them was good for total spinal health and the whole posterior chain.  Doing them reminded me of a McGill article I read some time ago about spinal strength endurance being an important factor in good spine health and being pain free.  I haven't had any back issues since I started practicing the Supermans.

 

Any thoughts on whether it makes sense to stick w/ the Supermans in their own right outside of my gb practice sessions?  Would it be gb blasphemy if I wanted to Master them before starting the new series of progressions?

vinca_minor

I'm going to keep them in my warmup.

Joshua Slocum

If you were progressing well on them before, then feel free to finish. On the other hand, if your progress is slow, I would relegate them to your warmup and start on the new progressions.

clincher

As per this post you could keep it in your warm up as long as you do it so it doesn't tire you. It will probably be worth it to keep it since it's such a complete exercise, also once you hit the PE that features it again, you'll have a huge head start.

Bro'

You will have to do it again at some point. Keep it in your warmups and start at the new SL/PE1. If you were stuck in the progression and grinding all the time, it may be beneficial to just put it aside.