As I move into the longer time holds (currently at 36) I am struggling with my breathing. I have been experimenting with my breathing for a couple weeks now. Can someone tell me the best way to breath in longer holds? I have been taking short slow breaths. I also noticed that my back seems to cramp sometimes due to breathing. Any suggestions would be helpful.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Breathing in FL/PE1
Started by Michael Houser, February 18, 2015 · 3 Replies · 151 Views
There's a lot of discussion about this in this thread: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/17433-hollow-body-hold-advice/
Basically, you'll want to keep your stomach flattened and breathe with your diaphragm, a couple of videos on the thread go to greater explanation as to what exactly this is. Hope this helps ![]()
Michael Houser said:As I move into the longer time holds (currently at 36) I am struggling with my breathing. I have been experimenting with my breathing for a couple weeks now. Can someone tell me the best way to breath in longer holds? I have been taking short slow breaths. I also noticed that my back seems to cramp sometimes due to breathing. Any suggestions would be helpful.
I use a metronome for this element and on one beep I breathe in, and on the next beep I breathe out. So one breath takes 2 seconds and it's working pretty good for me.