Doing bodyweight

Started by battman, February 17, 2015 · 10 Replies · 30,628 Views

battman

Hey everybody

I just started doing pullups, pushups and dips, chin ups and planks.

Im doing 5 set of 10, and when i can do that i will add weight and, put in more difficult exercises. My question is, that i want to have a body, like yuri and Sam melaksi. Can this help me get Their ?

Jacob Morsbøl

If I was you I would stop trying to do my own programming. There is a lot of programs for both bodyweight exercising, calisthenics or whatever. Try some good well-known and well-reviewed program. If you stick to a program, that both cover strength, mobility and skill training, you might get a body like yuri and Sam melaksi.

 

An example is the Foundation series which is a program superior to many other programs.

Pafke

Genetics play big role here. If you have good genetics then doing all gmnastic things will give you body like they have.

battman

Thanks for the reply guys, i just bought Foundation 1 and im about to read it. But what about the diet, should i just get my proteins and veggies, like an average person Healthy diet ? Or bodybuilding type of diet ?

Jacob Morsbøl

First, there's a lot of topics on this in the 'Nutrition' category of this forum. Read those you find interesting. Second, Joshua Naterman have made a lot of good posts about dieting. Read those you find interesting.

 

When that is said most posts is quite alike. They can be summarized in a few headlines:

- Cook your own food. And make sure to use quality ingredients.

- Eat a lot of veggies!

- Eat more veggies!

- Drink water when you're thirsty.

Edoardo Cagnola
battman said:

Thanks for the reply guys, i just bought Foundation 1 and im about to read it. But what about the diet, should i just get my proteins and veggies, like an average person Healthy diet ? Or bodybuilding type of diet ?

I would not do the all bulking and cutting thing because we all know that we are gonna end up with extra fat stored, which could be a real disadvantage in GST. I would say that it depends on your goal: are you looking to build muscle or maybe you got some extra fat to lose? In the first case I would eat in a surplus of no more than 200 kcal, so that you are are gaining approximately 1-1.5 lb every month. If you want to lose some weight that's where I would look into some bodybuilding style diet (500 kcal deficit, higher protein and fats with moderate carbs). As you can tell I'm a huge fan of calories counting :) I hope that this can be a good starting point, and welcome to the beautiful and painful ( in a good way) journey towards strength!

battman

Thanks guys

So all i have to do is what Jacob writes?

Edoardo Cagnola

Yeah basically those are the main guidelines. Just remember that it's gonna take time to achieve a physique like that, so consistency play a big role, but eventually it will come :)

William Str

It would also help to have his parents! It's not only about the training and diet...

blazeoneying

Train hard but remember to look at your body for cues so not to injure yourself.  Cheers!