This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Beautiful Site Redesign, But I Do Have One Request That Will Make Everyone's Life Easier

Started by Nash, February 14, 2015 · 42 Replies · 2,046 Views

Bro'

I see, it's not just new elements added before the current SL/PE1, it's a complete reshuffle. Retest everything then! 

Thanks for your answer, Coach.

shughes89

Back to the original topic. The course introduction is on a separate page, but I click link to it and I just get logged out.

Nash
Coach Sommer said:

No need.  My team and I have spent quite a bit of time figuring out why some adults have such a terrible time with ABH and ABR.  It took a lot of time and effort, but I have it all figured out now.

 

As a consequence, I have completely restructured the SL preparatory element progressions and the new series will be available to you in your foundation course(s) within the next few days.   :icon_cool:

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

 

p.s.  Don't thank me until after you have worked thru the new series; the first three preparatory elements in particular are brutally effective with the primary emphasis on BRUTAL.

I ask for a simple feature and I get this instead. Never making feature requests ever again!

Salivanth

Great redesign! I love it.

One small thing I've noticed, the Manna is said to have 23 progressions, but I count 25.

Jan Nordberg

Hi, just wanted to chime in and say that the new interface looks wonderful... And also very excited about trying out the new PEs for SL.. I'm kinda enjoying my ABHs, but still way off from 60s and decent form...

Alexander Egebak

Would it be benefitial to keep ABH as a skill-like element up to completion of the upcoming new PEs prior to ABH?

shughes89

Shame really, now that I can keep my mind quiet the ABHs are quite therapeutic.

dritar

That is awesome ! The fact that this is a living course that learns with the feedback from its users makes me very happy to have acquired it. The true mark of intelligence is knowing that regardless of how much you know you can always learn more. Kudos to Coach and the rest of the staff.

Warlock

Wow, at first I thought Coach was joking, but...

 

Really excited by the news! I know I'm gonna regret this, but I'm looking really forward to trying out the brutality of the restructured progressions.

 

Coach, any chance we might get to know which conclusions did you and your team arrive at as to the reason for so many of us having such a hard time with ABH/R? I'm very curious about this :P

Keilani Gutierrez
Warlock said:

Wow, at first I thought Coach was joking, but...

 

Really excited by the news! I know I'm gonna regret this, but I'm looking really forward to trying out the brutality of the restructured progressions.

 

Coach, any chance we might get to know which conclusions did you and your team arrive at as to the reason for so many of us having such a hard time with ABH/R? I'm very curious about this :P

that chairs exist and they are but one of the crafty tools of the pathology demons! :P

NoHiddenCosts
dritar said:

That is awesome ! The fact that this is a living course that learns with the feedback from its users makes me very happy to have acquired it. The true mark of intelligence is knowing that regardless of how much you know you can always learn more. Kudos to Coach and the rest of the staff.

I am also very pleased to hear that the course is adapting based on user feedback/issues. Though it is hard to control for some variables (like workout perseverance and consistency), I think these forums make for a really useful study in how us average joes and janes are able to progress through GST. ABH in particular has consistently been a sticking point for many of us, so it's great to see a response from above (other than "suck it up," though that obviously is appropriate sometimes).

 

I am excited to see Coach's new brutal progressions! So many new exciting things coming out now!

emilianop

I honestly couldn't care less of how the website gets redesigned every N months, how many login options or what fancy colours/widgets we get. All I want is to be told how many reps for how many sets, in which way, with what form and possibly why... BUT

this:

As a consequence, I have completely restructured the SL preparatory element progressions and the new series will be available to you in your foundation course(s) within the next few days

 

Means everything to me.

The idea that someone could just rest on the laurels and get the profits of what he's done in the past and instead goes on pushing an pushing is what keeps me coming back here and sticking to the program even when I'm still on some F1 element after more than a year (and it looks like I'll even have to regress soon! :) ).

 

Now, Coach, I know you're gonna say you're a pro and you're a National Team Coach, and so on... those are just titles to me, but I respect you for the facts, so thanks for improving something that looked pretty cool already!

Warlock

Just dropping by to say the progressions are finally changed. Gonna try em out this afternoon! So excited! :P

Alexander Egebak

ABH is out of sight! Can somebody whisper me if mastery standard still is 5x60s?

gohei_
Alexander Egebak said:

ABH is out of sight! Can somebody whisper me if mastery standard still is 5x60s?

It's 5x10s now  :ph34r:

vinca_minor

you worked hard.   keep that ABH in the warmup.

Coach Sommer
Alexander Egebak said:

ABH is out of sight! Can somebody whisper me if mastery standard still is 5x60s?

 

You knew before you even asked.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Alexander Egebak

Yes I did