This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Beautiful Site Redesign, But I Do Have One Request That Will Make Everyone's Life Easier

Started by Nash, February 14, 2015 · 42 Replies · 2,046 Views

Nash

Can we PLEASE stop the login from expiring so soon. It should probably expire in 2 weeks (after first login) if the person hasn't logged in in that time. Otherwise, it should stay logged in.

 

It can be an option in the form of a check-box that says "Stay logged in." that is unchecked by default in case someone is logging in from a public computer.

 

 

Thanks!

Coach Sommer

Unfortunately for security reasons, no.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

p.s. However if you can design a virus that targets only the a**holes of the world, perhaps we can revisit this at another time. ;)

Nash

Thanks for answering Coach.

 

But what scenarios is a short login session protecting against?

 

I can only think of the situation where someone uses someone else's computer (or a public computer) and the site stays logged in.

 

Are there any other scenarios a short login session can prevent?

 

 

-Nash

MT Nordic

Nash, i'd suggest you just use lastpass and set it to auto login.  piece of cake.

Coach Sommer
Nash said:

Thanks for answering Coach.

 

But what scenarios is a short login session protecting against?

 

I can only think of the situation where someone uses someone else's computer (or a public computer) and the site stays logged in.

 

Are there any other scenarios a short login session can prevent?

 

 

-Nash

 

Nash, I understand your frustration, feel the same and have for quite some time.  But I also have no interest in beginning a long protracted discussion on a situation which currently has no possible resolution.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Nash
Coach Sommer said:

Nash, I understand your frustration, feel the same and have for quite some time.  But I also have no interest in beginning a long protracted discussion on a situation which currently has no possible resolution.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

No problem. Currest status: working on virus design and I shall call it: ahole-annihilator

vinca_minor

So why can't I access the course material anymore?   Or am I just too dumb to figure out the new interface?

Keilani Gutierrez

it didnt let me go in for bizarre reasons(probably that i tried from mobile and simply misread?) , just go to the member log in, as if you were signing in for the first time and voila. problem solved ( or at least that how i went about it)

Coach Sommer

New interface.  You must re-login for first use.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

vinca_minor

Yeah, i just had to go through to the purchase page, rather than straight to a login.   I'm good.  Thanks for the help.

Sven Ravnstag

I don't what's so bad about having to login. I vote this turn in to another thread about how f'ing hard ABHs are.

Sven Ravnstag
Nash said:

Currest status: working on virus design and I shall call it: ahole-annihilator

You're going go want to TM that STAT.

Cory Fair
Sven Ravnstag said:

I don't what's so bad about having to login. I vote this turn in to another thread about how f'ing hard ABHs are.

 

Be careful what you wish for ;)

Keilani Gutierrez

it's as if you guys want Coach and Cory to change the standard to 120 sec / reps. :D

Coach Sommer
Sven Ravnstag said:

I don't what's so bad about having to login. I vote this turn in to another thread about how f'ing hard ABHs are.

 

No need.  My team and I have spent quite a bit of time figuring out why some adults have such a terrible time with ABH and ABR.  It took a lot of time and effort, but I have it all figured out now.

 

As a consequence, I have completely restructured the SL preparatory element progressions and the new series will be available to you in your foundation course(s) within the next few days.   :icon_cool:

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

 

p.s.  Don't thank me until after you have worked thru the new series; the first three preparatory elements in particular are brutally effective with the primary emphasis on BRUTAL.

Bro'

Wait, really?

 

This sounds... interesting.

meras

As a suggestion to the original question LastPass is excellent for this and logs you in automatically (ant keeps all of your passwords securely) 

Duff

Well, that sounds fun. I might just go back and build to 5x60 again :D.

 

A question: what will those achievements be? And what's the deal with moon rocks?

Alexander Egebak
Coach Sommer said:

No need.  My team and I have spent quite a bit of time figuring out why some adults have such a terrible time with ABH and ABR.  It took a lot of time and effort, but I have it all figured out now.

 

As a consequence, I have completely restructured the SL preparatory element progressions and the new series will be available to you in your foundation course(s) within the next few days.   :icon_cool:

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

 

p.s.  Don't thank me until after you have worked thru the new series; the first three preparatory elements in particular are brutally effective with the primary emphasis on BRUTAL.

Damn, really looking forward to this! Please announce when this is official since I almost never check the course portal, because I know F1 by heart :)

Sensei JP

This might set a dangerous precedent: we whined and complained about ABH, and now they are being preempted by something even more brutal (though a large part of me wonders how that is even possible in the case of ABR).  So guys, be careful, because RC PE6 and HBP PE2/3 might be next.

Coach Sommer

It is important to note that as a National Team Coach your whining, groaning and complaining have no effect on me whatsoever.   None at all.  Like water off a duck's back.

 

If however there is something which needs to be addressed or corrected due to a previously misunderstood symptom of adult zombiehood, that is another matter all together.

 

As far as RC/PE6; man up, gentlemen.  Young girls in elementary school regularly hold for 60sec - and moan far less than you guys while doing so.   ;)

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Bro'

So should we test through the new progressions if we've already mastered ABH/ABR, or will it be superfluous? 

Christian
Bro said:

So should we test through the new progressions if we've already mastered ABH/ABR, or will it be superfluous?

Test through and skip or retest ABR/H when it comes around again.

Coach Sommer
Bro said:

So should we test through the new progressions if we've already mastered ABH/ABR, or will it be superfluous? 

 

You must retest to the new SL progressions.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach Sommer
Christian said:

Test through and skip or retest ABR/H when it comes around again.

 

ABH/ABR will be retested when it reappears at the end of the SL preparatory elements.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer