This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE3 PPP Form Check

Started by chuchodani, February 3, 2015 · 4 Replies · 209 Views

chuchodani

Hi guys ! Please check my form. Thanks !

 

chuchodani

Thanks ! Definetly I need to stay in the same vertical plane all of the time, I was touching the floor with my face because the athlete in the foundation video did it, but I'm going to increase the R.O.M. I'll upload another video when I reach 5x10.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
chuchodani said:

Hi guys ! Please check my form. Thanks !

http://youtu.be/f9nJAiVWd98

Hi chuchodani!

I remember you from your post of planche lean on the public forum!

I've been working on pseudo planche push up too.

I compared your video to the demonstration one.

I'm not at all expert but it looks like you protract and depress your scapula much more compared the athlete. Of course that is a great point! But it looks like the athlete lean forward much more intensively.

I still did not understand what I have to focus mainly.

My problem is: The more I lean the more I lose scapula protraction.

I posted pic of mine , at the top position compared to the athlete. I think my protraction is more evident too, or am I wrong?

Since the basic idea is to replicate as closely as possible the video demonstration, should I focus to lean more forward, even at cost of losing a bit of protraction?

What do you think?

post-10847-142313189406_thumb.jpg

chuchodani
mauler said:

Hi chuchodani!

I remember you from your post of planche lean on the public forum!

I've been working on pseudo planche push up too.

I compared your video to the demonstration one.

I'm not at all expert but it looks like you protract and depress your scapula much more compared the athlete. Of course that is a great point! But it looks like the athlete lean forward much more intensively.

I still did not understand what I have to focus mainly.

My problem is: The more I lean the more I lose scapula protraction.

I posted pic of mine , at the top position compared to the athlete. I think my protraction is more evident too, or am I wrong?

Since the basic idea is to replicate as closely as possible the video demonstration, should I focus to lean more forward, even at cost of losing a bit of protraction?

What do you think?

Hi mauler ! I remember you too, I think your lean is just OK in terms of mastery, if you complete the 5x10 scheme with that lean I think

is completely valid. I've seen this https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/19165-hbppe3-form-check/, I think your only problem is that you start to pike a little bit through each rep. Talking about compromising protraction in order to increase the lean is difficult, I prefer to slowly build up my lean keeping my protraction in every single increment, I mean without compromising it. Take a look at this

post on Facebook from Alex http://tinyurl.com/lx7u2tt 

Alessandro Di Sanzo
chuchodani said:

Hi mauler ! I remember you too, I think your lean is just OK in terms of mastery, if you complete the 5x10 scheme with that lean I think

is completely valid. I've seen this https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/19165-hbppe3-form-check/, I think your only problem is that you start to pike a little bit through each rep. Talking about compromising protraction in order to increase the lean is difficult, I prefer to slowly build up my lean keeping my protraction in every single increment, I mean without compromising it. Take a look at this

post on Facebook from Alex http://tinyurl.com/lx7u2tt

Got it! Alex posted a very interesting pic! He says that pike is probably due to lack of shoulder strength. I may lean a bit less and try to maintain good form at each rep!

Anyway, I realized 5*10 reps with good form are a very difficult goal to achieve, I guess I will spend months and months. I've just given up to follow the template schedule. [emoji31]

Thanks for your answer!! [emoji106]