This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE3 form check

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, January 26, 2015 · 8 Replies · 252 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi! I would like you have a look on my pseudo planche push up form.

HBP/PE3 form check:

http://youtu.be/YQOVnL0QsJ4

I show only a few reps and a bit slowly, just to focus on my form.

I would like to clarify some stuffs:

1. In this video I'm trying to protract and depress my scapula as much as I can. Of course I find very difficult to keep them this way during the concentric movement. Are protracted and depressed enough?

I also realized that it is very tough for me to maintain protraction and depression during all reps and sets. Do I have to maintain this protraction just like the first rep to considered it mastered or a bit of protraction/depression losing is allowed?

2. As I go on with reps I realized my hips progressively lift up. I guess I have to avoid it! In these first rep I'm trying to keep my butt as low as I can. How do you find it?

3. I read something about the angle to keep between my elbow and vertical line. I guess my elbow is a bit forward and this is good, but I wonder if it is enough!

4. Other issues I have to fix??

Thank you!

Krel

Nice work !
 

mauler said:

2. As I go on with reps I realized my hips progressively lift up. I guess I have to avoid it! In these first rep I'm trying to keep my butt as low as I can. How do you find it?

3. I read something about the angle to keep between my elbow and vertical line. I guess my elbow is a bit forward and this is good, but I wonder if it is enough!

 

Don't use your hips (just keep the PPT) and keep elbows in :)

BrettCross

You appear to be drifting backwards as you rise from the PPP. An often mentioned cue in the forums is to focus on a point on the floor after you have achieved you desired lean and then ensure you stay over that point throughout the movement.

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi All!

Here's Un update of my PPP form!

I have some doubt about my leaning at the bottom and top position. A friend of mine said me I should have my butt a bit closer to my hands at each top position. What do you think? Is it correct even this way?

ps. of course check out any other points I have to fix! ;)

Thank you All!

Alexander Egebak

You are piking, especially during the last few reps.

 

Your lower back and legs should not move by themselves, they should only follow the shoulders.

 

This seems like an "easy" thing to fix though, because in my opinion adjusting that pike will not require much additional strength to your PPP.

 

Else it looks solid, good job on it!

LateStarter@46

I agree with Alexander about the piking and also you seem to be excessively rounding your back when compared to the course video. But you look good anyway  :)

Alessandro Di Sanzo
LateStarter@46 said:

I agree with Alexander about the piking and also you seem to be excessively rounding your back when compared to the course video. But you look good anyway :)

I've been focusing on keeping protraction at the top. Perhaps I should focus on keeping depression too! It looks lat activation decreases during reps...

Btw thanks a lot guys! I'll try to fix my form! [emoji3]

Alessandro Mainente

Look at your lats, there is some loss of depression, this give the sensation of a "lean-reduction".

Alexander Egebak

Perhaps try to fix this by decreasing lean so that you are in between PPP and a normal push up in terms of how much you lean. This will make form correction easier since it does not require as much strength.