This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

(FL+HBP)/PE2+iM & (sPL+RC+MN+SL)/PE1+iM

Started by HB_Ron, January 13, 2015 · 6 Replies · 178 Views

HB_Ron

Thursday: FL+sPL+HBP+RC / Friday: MN+SL+SLS

 

*How's my form in sPL/PE1, RC/PE1+iM + MN/PE1+iM , and not mentioned exercises in general? I focus a lot on improving my performance. Therefore, it's one of the reasons that my progress is slow. I know I ask many times the same question, but that's because I want to be confident I'm on course.

 

 

*  I hadn't done SLS/PE1 the other day(on Friday) because bHBRs (FL/PE2) damaged my lumbar(in the lower back area), probably due to incorrect form and/or hard surface. It prevented me from doing SLS/PE1 too. SLS/PE2 +SLS/PE1-iM were a one'-off training instead, to give my lower back time to recover.

 

*HBP/PE2+iM- For some reason I arch my lower back in the concentric part and even slightly before that- at the bottom . My abs are tight and I do PPT. Can someone detected what's the problem? Why does it happen? Also does it seem that I protract? Cause I do..

 

*sPL/PE1>iM - I can do 4 sets X 15 reps of PE1, next week I will try mastery.I also noticed during swivel hips that I can't stick my right ass to the ground.  :P

What's the solution for this? I recorded the iM from 4 angles:

 

MN/PE1- I think from the 3rd set, I was sucking my belly in instead of compressing in order to ease and increase the ROM. Is this a correct way to perform or should we compress/tighten the abs?

My apologies for the long topic and videos.. Thanks a lot and any feedback is gold!  ^_^

Haplix

SL/PE1iM: You lean too far forward compared to the course video.

 

RC/PE1iM: Move you feet closer to the bar and stay upright.

 

FL/PE2: I had a similar problem. You are using your feet to lift you up. The rock should come from the core. Notice how your knees go over your core when you rock. It does not need to be that large of a range. Make the movement smooth by increasing your PPT.

FL/PE2iM: It looks fine. Keep your hips up to increase the stretch. 

 

HbP/PE2: Protract your shoulders more. Try to not sag your midback. Making a conscious effort to lift your midback will help. Squeezing your glutes might help.

HbP/PE2iM: It looks good. Increase the weight when you can.

 

SpL/PE1: Increase the distance between your hands. Make sure you pinch you shoulder blades at the bottom position. Turning you hand outwards might help in reaching lower. At the top, is there no protraction? Pull you shoulders apart. I think you can go higher.

SpL/PE1iM: Keep working on this. Try sitting in the end position to rest. Eventually, you will get there. The best solution is to stretch out your legs, especially the piriformis, inner thighs, and the muscles around the glutes. Read this:https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/15200-finally-conquered-swivel-hips/

 

Mn/PE1: You should compress your abs instead.

Mn/PE1iM: Move your bottom hand through your legs. Don't let it stop on the floor.

HB_Ron
Haplix said:

SL/PE1iM: You lean too far forward compared to the course video.

Oh all right. I thought the goal was to create as big circle as possible..

RC/PE1iM: Move you feet closer to the bar and stay upright.

I'll fix that!

FL/PE2: I had a similar problem. You are using your feet to lift you up. The rock should come from the core. Notice how your knees go over your core when you rock. It does not need to be that large of a range. Make the movement smooth by increasing your PPT.

 

I'm little with time right now, so I'll try to compare with what you said later. I think it's a great advice though.  

FL/PE2iM: It looks fine. Keep your hips up to increase the stretch. 

                          -

HbP/PE2: Protract your shoulders more. Try to not sag your midback. Making a conscious effort to lift your midback will help. Squeezing your glutes might help.

I rewatched an old video of HBP/PE2. Do you mean like this? :

HbP/PE2iM: It looks good. Increase the weight when you can.

In my opinion, my form sucks in this iM after I read Keegen's post: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/19020-my-first-form-checks/?p=177018 

SpL/PE1: Increase the distance between your hands. Make sure you pinch you shoulder blades at the bottom position. Turning you hand outwards might help in reaching lower. At the top, is there no protraction? Pull you shoulders apart. I think you can go higher.

I Pinched my scapula and there's protraction. I'll record from 2 angles at the same time today.

SpL/PE1iM: Keep working on this. Try sitting in the end position to rest. Eventually, you will get there. The best solution is to stretch out your legs, especially the piriformis, inner thighs, and the muscles around the glutes. Read this:https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/15200-finally-conquered-swivel-hips/

I will read this when I have time. I can't atm.. 

Mn/PE1: You should compress your abs instead.

Looking more opinions for this one. Compress or suck belly in in MN/PE1? For now I will keep compressing

Mn/PE1iM: Move your bottom hand through your legs. Don't let it stop on the floor.

Okay :)

Thanks a lot for the time writing me feedback and watching the videos Haplix!   :)

Vincearoo

Just looked at sPL and there does not look like there's protraction. Maybe you're right about the video being at a bad angle, but just keep it in mind that you probably need more.

HB_Ron
Vincearoo said:

Just looked at sPL and there does not look like there's protraction. Maybe you're right about the video being at a bad angle, but just keep it in mind that you probably need more.

Hey good people!

I was studying for an Anatomy test for about 8 hours. <_<  After that, I was doing a few sets of sPL/PE1. :D

I think I know why Haplix and you said it looked like I hadn't been protracting. My hips were sagging/too low(and my middle back most likely was sagging too for that reason) and therefore reduced my ability to protract in the upper back.

 

Please give me your feedback on my fixed form. :)

Haplix

Your form looks better now. :D Changing your form slightly by not sagging the hips makes the movement look so different.

Alexander Egebak

I think you should train for more protraction but it definitely looks better now