Hi All,
My earlier post title was not too clear, so I am putting up another one hoping someone reads my question.
I am recovering from a shoulder rotator cuff injury and my physiotherapist, who is very experienced, advises only 10%-20% of my strength programming going forward include GB programming. I am 90% better, but the shoulder may remain vulnerable. He feels Bands and other strength methods are more appropriate, given my particular shoulder problem.
My sport is grappling/wrestling/BJJ and strength conditioning 3 times a week is to supplement this sport and, most of all, prevent future injuries.
So my question is: Can GB programming be done Light? Can an athlete pursue meaningful GB goals where other forms of strength training comprise 80% of the strength portion of her/his routine?
For example, could I pick 1-2 dimensions of GB training -- such as handstands and/or front lever -- and pursue these in conjunction with a complementary set of exercises using different modalities?
Thanks so much for any expertise and advise! Love this site!
Jeremy