This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

My progress at HS/PE1>iM

Started by HB_Ron, January 6, 2015 · 6 Replies · 291 Views

HB_Ron

Hey guys, 

I have an issue with short adductors and therefore I'm not able to perform this iM without curving my lower back. I'll be posting in this topic my progress.

 

I tried to elevate and retract the scapula and also pull the ribs down. Does it look okay?

I also think it's a good idea to sit on a high surface and over time lower it..what do you think?

Krel
HB_Ron said:

I tried to elevate and retract the scapula and also pull the ribs down.

The scapula should be elevated and protracted :)

HB_Ron
Krel said:

The scapula should be elevated and protracted :)

How's it possible to protract when I try to focus on ' Hyper '-flexion?

Could you please post a pic/video of how this iM looks when protracted / retracted?

Alessandro Mainente

IS possible of course but it depends on the tightness of your internal rotators.

HB_Ron

I've had a break from H1 training for a month and a half due to a flu and laziness/frustration towards HS/PE1-iM. But, here's some progerss:

Does the form passes the requirements for mastery? I hope so, cause after this iM, my progress will skyrocket for sure! ;)

 

Edit: Btw,I was concentrating on protraction+elevation , Anterior Pelvic tilt(to get into neutral position), tucking the ribs in(activating rectus abdominis) and I wasn't very sure if my hands should have been in a neutral or extended position(so I extended them like in the demo video)

Micawberian

I think you will benefit from spending a bit more time on this movement. There was a good amount of fidgeting and it took you quite a bit of time to get up to your max range of motion (remember, the IM is only supposed to be 10 seconds long). I would say to stay with the movement until you are able to lift the bar into the end range of motion straight away and hold it there with a consistent, steady, stable form. You are doing good

 

Also, remember to keep the forward lean steady. Its tempting to lift the back as you lift the bar, so watch out