Hey GB!
I'm picking up some basic tumbling to do in my days off between GST workouts, so I'm working on cartwheels and the forward & backward somersault. I don't want to drill bad habits, but I don't have a coach, so I thought I'd ask for people's critiques on my form in these basic skills. Videos below.
Cartwheels:
Somersaults:
The backward somersault feels the least smooth for me at the moment. I think I am putting too much pressure on my neck and head as I was getting a headache during the session (and they are both a little sore after the session, too). I am also having troubling pushing with my hands in the middle of the roll (I usually fall to my forearms, as seen in the first couple of reps). I think I got a hang of the push a bit more in the later reps, but it still feels clumsy.
Any help on any of the moves would be much appreciated!