Mattmattmatt Intro and Questions

Started by Mattmattmatt, December 21, 2014 · 2 Replies · 2,357 Views

Mattmattmatt

Hi all,

 

Just wanted to say "Hi", as is normal forum etiquette. I have just started my journey into GST, although I have background in doing some martial arts and weight training some time ago - I know that doesn't necessarily cross-over.  After doing a bit of Foundation 1 the other day I realised my hips are not at all flexible enough, nor my legs...or my back, so I have much to work on.

 

I've been lurking a little and saw a thread a while ago that asked about doing Foundation 1 and Handstand 1 in tandem. Is that do-able or recommended? I could do a 4 day week of F1 being two days, and H1 being two? (Or another split?)

Also, I know this is a poor question, but how long normally/on average/personally speaking does it take to get through the Foundation Series? I'm not in a hurry, but I would like to have a rough estimate.

 

I look forward to speaking with you guys more.

:D

Matt.

Patrick Smith

Hi Matt, welcome to the forums. It's good to have you here.

 

 

I've been lurking a little and saw a thread a while ago that asked about doing Foundation 1 and Handstand 1 in tandem. Is that do-able or recommended? I could do a 4 day week of F1 being two days, and H1 being two? (Or another split?) Also, I know this is a poor question, but how long normally/on average/personally speaking does it take to get through the Foundation Series? I'm not in a hurry, but I would like to have a rough estimate.

 

Absolutely! Many of us follow a Foundation routine coupled with 1-2 days of Handstand. You can combine them in any way you like, whether it's 3 day Foundation and 2 day HS, 4 day Foundation and 1 day HS, etc. (although typically 2 days a week HS is recommended, I believe).

 

I don't really keep track of time very closely when I workout because I will often lose track of time due to watching documentaries or listening to lectures at the same time, but Foundation workout A probably takes me anywhere from 45-60 minutes including thorough warm up. Foundation workout B takes about the same, sometimes less because there's only three elements. I always do my HS on my Foundation B days though, which probably adds about 15-30 minutes. I'm probably being quite inaccurate here, but like I said, I don't keep track of the time very carefully!

Mattmattmatt

Thanks for your welcome and the info!

 

You do HS and Foundation on the same day? Or have I misread what you said? Seems like a lot of work - how far in are you?

 

Matt

:D