Solved the no partner issue for SLS mobility

Started by Collin, December 18, 2014 · 10 Replies · 3,820 Views

TANSTAAFL

I'm not there yet, but have done the SLS stuff in the past before Foundation. I just ended up strapping my legs to a dresser with a $3 tow strap, but if ya got $60 go for it.

Jon Douglas

I picked up a doorway situp bar for some $25 way back, and now use it for these :)

Collin

I didn't know about those.

Keilani Gutierrez

i have that exact roman chair, its great for arch ups but for GHR not quite :/ I run out of space to be able to get up on my knees without sliding right off the pad where the hip rests.

Collin

Yes I can see what you mean. It's tough without a partner and certain equipment. This is the first solution I came up with.
If you come up with other options, please let me know.

Jon Douglas

The sit-up bar works great for NLC and 1/2 GHR, but for the full variant obviously that won't work.

Ring straps around a park (ie usually bolted-down) table are my go-to :) I need to make some heavier friends.

Kasper Stangerup

For GHR I am planning on hooking my heels under the lowest rung on my stall bars. For arch-ups I placed a kettlebell in a sofa and did them over the arm rest in a similar manner.

Kai Ewert

I got one of these for myself for Xmas (found it independently) and am very happy with it. Very solid and well made i.e. easy to assemble, which made it a really good deal.

Works for SL PE3-6 and the iMs of SLS/FLS SE6-9. Does not work for the iMs of SLS SE3-6. For the first two of those I use a homemade setup as shown here:

None of the two gyms I have access to has a setup like this for horizontal arch-ups, strangely enough.

Collin

Thank you for the video Kai. I'll have to make myself a set up like that.

Kai Ewert

Yes, that's totally worth doing. Takes minimal time and $$.

 

I got two pine boards, 8 ft long. One 7.5 in wide, the other 3.5 in. Sawed the wide one in half and the other into 18 in long pieces. Put two of those at the ends, two in the middle (just used screws). Stapled pieces from an old/cheap yoga mat to the bottom to save my floor (optional). The rest of the yoga mat cushions my knees.

 

For the strap, get something very solid. A cheap camping one with plastic buckle wasn't up to the task. I used my ring straps originally but now got a separate one - the kind that people use to secure kayaks or surfboards on their car racks. Probably the most expensive part of the whole setup...

 

BTW, if you are in a gym, you can use the lat pulldown machine for these exercises. Put your ankles where your knees would be for doing pulldowns, and your knees on the seat...