Injury Weight Training/Gymnastic Training

Started by Senex, December 17, 2014 · 2 Replies · 1,670 Views

Senex

Hi,

 

Would love to pick the community's brains:

 

Tore the labrum in my shoulder 15 years ago boxing. Managed the injury/pain since then. Recently doing explosive OH bar push press think I have damaged my shoulder again.

I noticed one of the features of gymnastic training is less injury. TBH I am tired of being sore and stiff and want

 to move towards gymnastic training. Is the GB starter pack suitable for someone with shoulder issues? I had a hip arthroscopy 2.5 years ago and want to avoid surgery on my shoulder at all costs.

Anyone in the community have similar shoulder problems and how did they manage them?

 

Many thanks,

 

Senex

Nick Roy

I'm not medically qualified to say this, but many exercises in Foundation are rehabilitative in nature and will help you with your shoulders. You have to be brave and willing to put your pride aside in doing seemingly easy exercises, to receive the full benefit. One being nursing your shoulders.
Handstand one has some good stuff for the shoulders aswell so you might be better off with getting the F1/H1 package.
Aldo I'd recommend getting a resistance band that you can use for shoulder rehab exercise regularly. You'll be surprised just how much maintenence routines can offer you. A good one that I use as a warm up that did wonders for my shoulders is this

back to wall arm slides added to this should offer your shoulders some relief among your day to day

Nick Roy

Talk to a doctor first about the movements