This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Tuck Planche form check and question..

Started by RingMax, December 12, 2014 · 4 Replies · 379 Views

RingMax

Hello my fellow Gymnasticbuddies ;)

Is my form on Tuck Planche sufficient? Please be honest!

I worked up to 5x45 seconds in Planche Leans and use the Foundation 30 second mastery template to progress. My workset-time is 12 seconds. My max hold is 17 seconds.

Sorry for the horrible quality of the picture. My face might look weird, however I am breathing properly in the position.

Yet I have two questions regarding my tuck planche.

My hands are very close to each other (closer than choulder width). I am very comfortable in this position. I prefure it over shoulder width. Will it hinder my progress on my way to straddle planche at some point?

At the moment I arry a fair amount of body fat (sitting at 16-18%) which I could shed off. Will loosing roundabouts 6 pounds of fat make training much easier (or maybe skyrocket my training progess :D) ?

Thank you guys for your input!

It is much appreciated!

post-14165-0-91763400-1418367547_thumb.p

post-14165-0-43698900-1418375236_thumb.p

Pafke

Your scapula is winged a little bit. See this topic.

RingMax

Thank you guys for your answers. I managed it to take a photo of my back during a tuck planche.

Maybe you can give me some hints to improve my slightly winged scapula? I read the topic, yet did not find a fix for this issue...

Thanks a lot!

 

post-14165-0-74997600-1418760644_thumb.p

Pafke

Try to depress as much as you can. Im not sure that will help but its worth to try.

RingMax

I took a photo. I am in a standing position whilst protracting a depressing my scapula. I had another person double checking. We did multiple tries. Unfortunately I can not depress or protract any further.

The other person seid that my scapule depression and protraction look the same, no matter if stading or in an actual tuck planche.

Thanks a lot

 

post-14165-0-70921900-1418834063_thumb.p