Routine Critique

Started by Cnye94, July 12, 2009 · 4 Replies · 2,547 Views

Cnye94

Hell my name is christian,

My best lifts:

Squat: 215lbs

Bench 135lbs

Deadlift 265lbs

my pull up max currently, normal width is 8.

I play Soccer and Hockey, I want to increase overall athleticism with a focus on strength

I weigh 135lbs (I am gaining weight at the moment), and am 5'8" at the age of 15.

I'm thinking a M/T/TH/F split would work well for me alternating between two different work outs.

Work out A

_________________________

Mobility work

Hand Stand Practice Against Wall

Super-set >L-Sit PB Tuck Or Tougher Variation depending on My time using the 60 second protocol

Super-set >Front Lever Tuck or more Difficult Variation

Frog Stand or more difficult variation

Super-Set

Super-Set

Work out B

_________________________

Super-Set >Hand Stand Practice Against Wall

Super-Set >V up tucks or harder Variation 3X3

Single Bar Dips... will have to experiment with these hopefully i can get a second bar or something

Burpees or a Run

Work out A Monday, Thursday;Work out B Tuesday, Friday

At the start of august I have to run a 13 minute 2 mile and running has never been my strong point that is why the 2 days of mostly conditioning and core work. I'm thinking Steady State work for 8 week cycles at the moment would work very well. A focus on upper body because sports hit my lower body hard enough so it doesn't require as much work.The or harder variation is because I have never worked out with such a system before to give a reasonable estimation of where I fall in the spectrum of these exercises. I plan on getting some PVC Pipe and rings and setting up shop in my house. We will see what the future hold.

Thank you in advance for your help and advice

Blairbob

Looks pretty good. SingleLegSquat or Deck Squat jumps besides sprints for leg power.

Throw in working a 1.5 mile and 3 mile run per week and you should be good. Or something like sets of 4 and 800.

Cnye94

Alright Thank you very much, I did work out A yesterday and it really beat me down, knew respect for gymnasts :).

Blairbob

After a gym workout, I'm typically tired but don't feel being gassed like I do after a metcon unless I do some leg power stuff like sprints or leg strength.

Cnye94

I'm very knew to this so that would most likely have something to do with it. I also had a hockey game at night that might of contributed to how tired I was. I slept for 12 hours way past my alarm :| My phone can not even make me semi awake any more it's awful. I will take a cold shower after tonight's workout and tomorrow is a rest day other then a hockey game so I will go make my parallettes hopefully :). My abs felt fatigued during the last minutes of game play at hockey that was a knew feeling to me :shock: .