Hi All,
I am new to the forum in the sense that I forgot my old account name and never really posted back then anyway.
About 3 years ago I had reached some of my goals in weight lifting and happened upon the gymnastic bodies website and was immediately intrigued by the Building the Gymnastic Body book, so I purchased it along with a set of rings. I made some parallette bars from pvc and was on my way. I trained for the front lever using the static progressions, as well as for the planche in the same manner. I tried to look up as many warm up routines and stretching exercises as possible from the GB youtube channel as well as other sources. I soon realized how inflexible I had become from my weight lifting.
Some milestones I had achieved before I stopped training were
-Personal best of ~30 second handstand (not the best back line due to lack of shoulder flexibility)
-Tuck planche progression for 1 min
-3-4 consecutive muscle ups on rings
- ~10 second front lever
-Personal best of 3 free standing handstand pushups with straight back (form as mentioned before)
-1 min L sit
-Personal best of 18 pull-ups from dead hang
-Some others...
I am very interested on picking back up but I am fully aware of strength that I have lost and likely an improper method of training 3 years ago. I plan on purchasing Foundation One and Handstand One in the current bundle and I would like to know a little about them, such as:
-Do they explicitly give you routines to do and intervals to do them?
-Are flexibility and mobility addressed here too? (I am concerned with my lack in these areas).
-Should I avoid training some of the things I was once able to achieve and stick strictly with the routines in F1 and H1?
Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.
Evan