Incorporating F1 on my routine

Started by Aguiar, December 7, 2014 · 2 Replies · 18,784 Views

Aguiar

Hi,

I'm new here. I discovered calisthenics a few months ago, and have been doing it for about 6 months now. I was not involved in any sport activities till then.

The thing is: I really enjoyed calisthenics, and I'd really like to improve my foundation. I've beings doing this routine 3-4x a week, after running 2,5 miles at that given day:

Day 1: squats / pull ups / push ups

Day 2: leg raises / bridges / handstand push up variations.

I would like to changes my routine, and found about the foundation books. The thing is, I really like dips, pull ups and push ups... And I haven't seen these moves on F1. I'm concerned I would lose some muscle if I stopped doing them to focus only on the F1 movements. So I would rather incorporate or change my routine a little bit to fit into F1 so I wouldn't stop with dips / bar pulls and push movements.

I'm 28 years old, 71kilos and 1,73m.

I can do about 5 dips, 7 pull ups and hold a minute on crane position (arms bent, with elbow supporting part of the weight).

Any suggestions?

Rayne-William

Focus primarily on F1 when you get it and do some of your other stuff as part of short warm up.

 

There will come a point in time where your foundation workouts will be plenty.

 

Hypertrophy develops over time as your body adapts and repairs itself. However not all body types respond the same way to the training stimulus. Going off of the statics you listed. You may have a mesomorph body type.

 

As for the crane/crow/frog stand position that is part of training for straddle planche.

 

When you do finally purchase foundation one, or even the entire course, thoroughly read the course material several times if you need to. If one picture is "Worth a thousand words" we have three pictures to glean information from plus a video.

 

There are tough parts in foundation one, but with consistent effort you will make your way through it.

 

A lot of questions regarding the course material and the exercise have been answered a few times in the course specific forums below.

Joshua Slocum

You will lose zero muscle from focusing on Foundation. 

 

However, if you enjoy doing those movements, there is no reason to get rid of them completely. Twice a week, do some "maintenance sets" of the movements you'd like to keep doing. These should be at about half of maximum effort, and only one or two sets total. 

 

 

[Also, note that dips and pushups are in F1, and pull-ups are in F2.]