Progression from here?

Started by jawbkk, July 11, 2009 · 4 Replies · 2,589 Views

jawbkk

OK, had rings for two weeks now...

Can do 10 good controlled pull-ups.

Can do 4 setx of 7 reps controlled dips (full range) bur can do 5 sets of 6 reps with 40kg round my waist on normal dip bars.

Can hold support position for 45s

Do quite a few skin the cats

4 sets of 6 l-sit pull-ups

3 sets of 3 reps 'ring-flyes' with my feet propped up on a high chair, arms straight, hold for 2s in horizontal position then return to centre (tough)

a kind of handstand press where I have my feet on the high chair with body in piked position with back vertical then do 5 sets of 6 reps with rings about 12" off the floor so get full range with head almost touchig the floor.

I also do 4 sets of 15s on paralettes in an L-sit position.

Could anyone advise me what I am ready fro next? I want to gain as much strength and skill on the rings but also on dip bars.

I have never attempted a handstand yet.

Perhaps need some basic routine on rings to combine things?

Cheers for any help..... so much good stuff on this forum I don't know which way to go!!

Felipe

You have a good strength foundation. Now you should learn muscle ups (do slow negatives) and starting lever training. Try shoulderstand for time before handstand.

jawbkk

thanks Filipe, what is a shoulderstand?

Felipe

See viewtopic.php?f=14&t=723

Blairbob

Start working on MU and HSPU progressions. Look at the rings routines on the gymnasticbodies page on youtube. Start playing with the different dip variations on rings and bars.