Pardon my English, only been in the US for 4 years. I am 20 years old with pretty small frame at 5'8" 150 lbs around 10% bodyfat. I just wanna know if the online courses here are only for building a gymnastic body or can I acquire true gymnastics strength, flexibility and balance? I admire gymnast like Kohei Uchimura, I know I can't never be at his level starting at 20 (regret that I didn't accept my father's offer to become a gymnast at my younger age). Although I do want a good looking body (who doesnt?), I also want the ability to perform such feat of strength. Thank you.
Should I buy Foundation 1
Started by TerrySae, November 27, 2014 · 11 Replies · 2,985 Views
The goal of Foundation is to build said strength and flexibility. The gymnastics body is merely a side-effect of said training. The focus is not on aesthetics in the slightest.
Thanks for the reply, however I know that the courses here are only for strength training right? Although I know that the strength elements are very important but what about swing elements or things like tumbling?
Why would I teach you swinging or tumbling before you are physically strong and mobile enough to benefit from such instruction? ![]()
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Coach Sommer said:Why would I teach you swinging or tumbling before you are physically strong and mobile enough to benefit from such instruction?
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Haha thats true =] I am joining you guys then. Nice to "meet" you sir Coach Sommer.
terryfist said:Haha thats true =] I am joining you guys then. Nice to "meet" you sir Coach Sommer.
It is C
ach S
mmer
Alexander Egebak said:It is C
ach S
mmer
Why? He seems super nice.
Wished that there will be a black friday sale here. Gotta save up for the rings and both F1 and H1.
TerrySae said:Why? He seems super nice.
It is just an ongoing joke on the forums
I think the joke stems from how difficult some of the exercises/mobility his program contains can be for us zombies, and how exacting his standards are. We all know that's just how it is and that compromising form means compromising results, but since it's Coach's programming, many of us like to pretend he's evil for inflicting it on us.
I approached foundation 1 with a "this is gonna be easy as phuuuck thought". Still at it. It's hard
Love it
Oh haha..its gymnastics afterall not gonna be easy at all for me. Im doin my usual calisthenics basic training with hollow body hold and prepin my elbows for it. Will start once i buy the starter pack this December