This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Troubles with hs/pe>im1

Started by Sebastian Eriksson, November 11, 2014 · 27 Replies · 1,277 Views

J.R.E

Thank You Coach Sommers for the information on pe1 im.   Coach, would you consider adding these peices of information directly into the handstand program?  It's easy to miss these details even after searching  the forum because  the forum is very large  and exercise details  are  spread over multiple topics.  I think it would be easier and help prevent training mistakes for some of us if the information is added to the program not just the forum.  

 

Perhaps you could  have an option like wikipedia  so members can add the new  information directly to the course pages for all to see.

 

Thank you

Hanlim Lee
Micawberian said:

Sebastian,

You are still incorrectly rotating the shoulder. My suggestion would be to lift the bar up more slowly so that you can focus on lifting straight back with NO internal rotation.

 

Also, make sure that the weight plates are evenly balanced on the stick. First video shows the weight biased to your right.

 

 

Well, I have question. In the demo video, the athlete also rotate right before flexing the shoulders. 

 

I think a little rotation is unavoidable. 

 

How do you think? 

Micawberian
Hanlim Lee said:

Well, I have question. In the demo video, the athlete also rotate right before flexing the shoulders. 

 

I think a little rotation is unavoidable. 

 

How do you think? 

yea, you're raising a good point.

 

An old and well-regarded moderator on this forum, Joshua Naterman, also pointed out the same thing. Actually, If you search through old posts on the H1 forum you will be able to find his remarks. He stated that, as the video shows, H1im should involve this rotation. People have said all sorts of things on this forum. Actually, even at one point some people were recommending to retract and depress in the movement. However, since then Coach has said time and time again to focus on pure shoulder flexion. I can only assume that the athlete is demonstrating the exercise incorrectly.

When I started the course, I "mastered" H1im with the shoulder rotation. I assure you, looking back from where I am now, it will help you a great deal if you focus on NOT rotating one single bit. Elevate, flex, ribs in, back flat - this will emulate the handstand position best.