This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE1 Mastery Check

Started by Ryan Reynolds, November 4, 2014 · 7 Replies · 174 Views

Keegan

No video that I can see.

Ryan Reynolds

Can someone have a look now that I've fixed the video's?  The suspense is killing me.

Oompa2

It's difficult to tell with the saggy shirt but the PE looks good. Personally I think you're right to move on. When you move on to the next PE you'll be able to tell if you have correct form anyway as your roll will be smooth if you have 'curled' up enough. If you attempt the bent hollow body rocks and they aren't at all smooth then maybe go back to PE1 for some more strength development. 

 

iM looks good. Maybe a bit more ROM in the 'cow' position. I found concentrating on pushing my chest into the floor was a helpful cue for this one. 

 

Anyone else feel free to correct me, I am most definitely not an expert.

 

 

Candice.

Ryan Reynolds

Thanks Candice.  I'm going to move to FL/PE2  and see how it goes.  

Vincearoo

Shaking means your body is under duress. If you shake then you have not mastered the element. Coach has said this somewhere.

Oompa2

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/10285-shaking/

 

- Shaking is due to the nervous system and musculature being in duress.  

 

- If you are shaking, even if you managed the mastery target in terms of either time or reps; you have NOT demonstrated mastery.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

 

 

Depends on what you mean by shaking - give the above a read and decide for yourself, just remember this opens a whole world of ambiguity. Don't let analysis paralysis stop you, get it done and move on - which I think (by your video) you have. Especially given that the next five elements will work to enhance this strength further :icon_twisted: .

 

- Callum

 

 

 

 

 

Ryan Reynolds

You can't see shaking too terribly bad in the video but I know there was some.   I think part of it too is the video aspect.  I was rock solid on all the previous 4 reps.  Then I get the camera out and I shake.  Might be squeezing a little harder when its show time.  I don't think I need to start another block maybe just retest without the camera.