This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Road To Complete Left Shoulder Recovery

Started by HB_Ron, October 31, 2014 · 3 Replies · 21 Views

HB_Ron

10/09/14 -Pain in my left shoulder. Long head of the bicep tendonities.

21/10/14-Pain's back when I woke up on a chilly day. The pain was stronger and sharper than before.

 

*During 10/09-21/10 I rehabbed the shoulder. It seemed to me it was healing. I was mistaken*

 

 

21/10/14 - 06/11/14 - The orthopaedic told me not to train the shoulders at all during that time. No bicep curls, etc..  **Also, I did an ultrasound check and I was told that I must take it easy for the long term. (2 months is NOT a long term. At least 6 months for full recovery ! )

 

06/11/14 - I'll start my F1 work. I'm not sure if I should do RC & HBP for now.

 

**Don't forget to ask about this in Foundation Private Forum. Also ask if Dave's shoulder's warm up routine is essential..

HB_Ron

I've succeeded to do 2 reps of RC/PE1 without pain today! (04/11/2014)

I have pain on the 3rd rep.

At the moment I'm not able to do a front support on rings due to the shoulder injury.

HB_Ron

On Thursday, November 20th , I did about 10+ pull-ups total. The other day, November 21st, my muscles got stiff. On Saturday, some discomfort started to appear. It wasn't a sharp pain, but whatever it was I felt it in the injured area when I pulled my fist behind my lower back.

 

Just a reminder to myself: DO NOT RUSH YOU IDIOTIC EGO!

Read the following post to constantly remind you to back off in times like this:

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/10544-previous-injuries-f1-h1-lower-your-start-point/

 

P.S. I know you might be reading this Max . ;)

HB_Ron

Thursday: FL+sPL+HBP+RC / Friday: MN+SL+SLS


 


*How's my form in sPL/PE1, RC/PE1+iM + MN/PE1+iM , and other exercises in general? I focus a lot on improving my performance. Therefore, it's one of the reasons that my progress is slow. I know I ask many times the same question, but that's because I want to be confident I'm on course.


 


*  I hadn't done SLS/PE1 the other day(on Friday) because bHBRs (FL/PE2) damaged my lumbar(in the lower back area), probably due to incorrect form and/or hard surface. FL/PE2 +FL/PE1-iM were a one'-off training instead, to give my lower back time to recover.


 


*HBP/PE2+iM- For some reason I arch my lower back in the concentric part and even slightly before that- at the bottom . My abs are tight and I do PPT. Can someone detected what's the problem? Why does it happen? Btw, something doesn't look right and feel right in the mobility exercise after I compared with the course video.. It's a new exercise for me , so if someone could explain how this movement should be done, that'll be awesome.


 


*sPL/PE1>iM - I can do 4 sets X 15 reps of PE1, next week I will try mastery.I also noticed during swivel hips that I can't stick my right ass to the ground.  :P


What's the solution for this?

 


MN/PE1- I think from the 3rd set, I was sucking my belly in instead of compressing in order to ease and increase the ROM. Is this a correct way to perform or should we compress/tighten the abs?


 


My apologies for the long topic and video.. Thanks a lot and any feedback is gold!  ^_^


 


(FL+HBP)/PE2+iM & (sPL+RC+MN+SL)/PE1+iM