This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Should I get H2

Started by hannibal2469, October 27, 2014 · 6 Replies · 304 Views

hannibal2469

Hi guys,

So i was considering purchasing H2 for the following reasons

Not sure if this is accurate but I remember coach saying that you can start H2 alongside H1, how far along H1 do you have to be to begin H2?

And also I am not able to start MN/PE2 becoz I dont have the pancake and I heard H2 has pancake drills in it.

Is it true?? should i get H2 right now? I am only at PE4 in H1 currently

Note: I am doing a 5 day split of Foundation with 2 days of H1 parallelly with those 5 days of foundation, is it possible to integrate H2 with this schedule?

Thanks

dgaetano

H2 PE elements can be done along with H1, although apparently there is a foundation prerequisite for H2 (which makes sense, but I don't know if it's F1 or F2). There's no point in starting the second half of H2 without a good handstand (I believe 30s is recommended).

H2 PEs assume you're already very strong in the plank position with full shoulder blade protraction. If you're struggling with sPL PEs 1-4 then you're going to have a really hard time with H2.

H2 IMs will have you hanging upside down from some stall bars. You will need an unexpected amount of grip strength and a set of stall bars you have great faith in. The first several iMs are pike stretches, around the intensity of MN/PE4>iM (Standing Weighted Pike Hang) and building from there (they don't become pancake stretches until iM 4). So if MN/PE4>iM is too aggressive for someone then the iMs in H2 probably are also.

H2 is trained after H1, it's just another exercise/im pair. It's very easy to integrate into any training schedule.

Hope that helps.

(for what it's worth I enjoy training H2, I had a decent handstand before starting H1, so H2 gives me some new things to keep me from getting bored as I trudge through H1 from the beginning)

hannibal2469
dgaetano said:

H2 PE elements can be done along with H1, although apparently there is a foundation prerequisite for H2 (which makes sense, but I don't know if it's F1 or F2). There's no point in starting the second half of H2 without a good handstand (I believe 30s is recommended).

H2 PEs assume you're already very strong in the plank position with full shoulder blade protraction. If you're struggling with sPL PEs 1-4 then you're going to have a really hard time with H2.

H2 IMs will have you hanging upside down from some stall bars. You will need an unexpected amount of grip strength and a set of stall bars you have great faith in. The first several iMs are pike stretches, around the intensity of MN/PE4>iM (Standing Weighted Pike Hang) and building from there (they don't become pancake stretches until iM 4). So if MN/PE4>iM is too aggressive for someone then the iMs in H2 probably are also.

H2 is trained after H1, it's just another exercise/im pair. It's very easy to integrate into any training schedule.

Hope that helps.

(for what it's worth I enjoy training H2, I had a decent handstand before starting H1, so H2 gives me some new things to keep me from getting bored as I trudge through H1 from the beginning)

Thanks, I am going to post videos of my sPL PEs soon and see if they are good enough and then decide whether to get started on H2 or not.
Rayne-William

Get Handstand two if any or all of the following apply to you:

 

You want to:

A) Do press handstands

B) Complete the entire Hungarian course

C) Complete the entire Rings course

 

 

Previous Thread: The GymnasticBodies Roadmap and Curriculum

hannibal2469
Rayne-William said:

Get Handstand two if any or all of the following apply to you:

 

You want to:

A) Do press handstands

B) Complete the entire Hungarian course

C) Complete the entire Rings course

 

 

Previous Thread: The GymnasticBodies Roadmap and Curriculum

I am planning on doing the entire curriculum, but I dont have the money to buy all of it right away so I am only buying what I can use right now.

dgaetano

Okay the thread Rayne-William linked to is important. The prerequisites to H2 are F1 and F2.

Rayne-William
hannibal2469 said:

I am planning on doing the entire curriculum, but I don't have the money to buy all of it right away so I am only buying what I can use right now.

 

I am in a similar situation as you. I get to save up what can to purchase the course material and any equipment that I may need.

 

In regards to where to start H2 while still working on H1, read the linked post in a previous thread.

 

Post number 4- Can do freestanding handstand but still on wall HS. Able to start HS2 work? (Coach?)