Starting Off

Started by afwalsh, July 1, 2009 · 1 Replies · 2,460 Views

afwalsh

Hey all,

I am starting to get into the gynamistics and ring strength arena, but I am a bit lost on where to start or how to scale things in a way that I can improve and get to more advanced levels. I am 22, 6'0 190lbs, and I just graduated college where I ran track (decathlon) and played football. I was an exercise science major so I know a good amount about exercise physiology and trianing principles, but I dont know much about this type of training. I always belevied I was a very fit guy but after starting to use my rings I dont believe that anymore. Anyways to get to the point, how do I scale the WOD to a level that I can manage most things I can do but the things like back and front levers. I read a lot of the starting strength stuff but still feel lost. Any advice you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks

JoeS

Get coach's book, that explains how to scale each exercise.

In addition to what you read in coach's book, you need to get good at handstands.