This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Amebix138's Log - ARISE!!

Started by Amebix138, June 29, 2009 · 35 Replies · 2,713 Views

Amebix138

Joint update:

Wrist: They still hurt, which is annoying. I think I need to go harder on the stretching. *update* - nope.

Fingers: 90% better now that I'm subjecting them to less volume. It used to hurt to curl my fingers up and then flex them, no longer.

Shoulders: They were fine until yesterdays workout, need to go easy on the PPPU.

Elbows: Need to watch volume, take more frequent rest days from recon ron.

Ankle: Some mystery weakness in the back, hurts if I step on a rock or jump and land funny.

I've booked a sports massage for tomorrow.

Amebix138

30 min stretching mondays and thursdays.

Steady State routine - September 23nd :

Pull ups 6 days a week @ 6/4/4/3/3

Workout A

HePSU 3x3 @ 4" from the floor

Deep parallette push ups 3x5 - legs elevated

Wrist roller 3x1 @ 20#

Sit ups arms extended 2x11

Sprints

Natural leg curl negatives 1x5

Workout B

HePSU 3x3 @ 4" from floor

Deep parallette push ups 3x5 - legs elevated

Wrist roller 3x1 @ 20#

Sit ups arms extended 2x12

Bodyweight squats 3xfailure

Sprint

I'll wait only a month to increase the depth of my HePSU by a 1/2 inch.

Amebix138

Just high bar squatted an ugly 235. Rounded back en masse, tabarnac. So this means either I've gained a little leg strength or I just havent lost any the past few months. I'm not terribly displeased either way, considering how half assed my leg training has been.

Buut my front lever has improved a decent amount. I can hold my hips at horizontal with just a slight bend in my elbows for 3-4 seconds [edit - maybe not as slight as I thought]. Annd I just held a solid XR support position for an easy 7 seconds. I could barely do 1 with the rings turned out before. So it looks like while my barbell strength has only increased a bit, my gymnastic strength has increased alot more.

Also, I weigh 188 today. The weight loss is not happening as planned. Need to start eating less.

Amebix138

Wrist roller is now 4x1 @ 20#. Parallete push ups have gotten quite a bit easier, planning on doing them for another week before moving to 7-8 reps per set. HePSU are still hard, progressing slowly. The sit ups are too easy now, I was able to do a set to 15 last workout so I'm going to start working tuck l-sits 3x20 seconds. I think a lack of tricep strength its whats causing the golfers elbow flare ups. Going to start doing a quick 10 minute met con on saturdays/days 4's

Amebix138

Still alive and well, training going good, hit that 115 press yesterday pretty happy with that. HePSU now 3.5 inches from the floor, last week of that and then I`ll be doing 3 inches. Pull ups were 8 6 5 5 4 two workouts ago but that caused some elbow flare up so I`m sticking with 7 5 4 4 4 for a few weeks. My max now should be 8-9. Parallette lsits are going well, working up to 40 seconds in a tuck with shoulders well retracted before extending my legs. Leg press took over as my lower body exercise, did 280x3x5 yesterday. Been doing 10 min of higher intensity running every other day, last workout was 1.2 miles in 10 min. Wrist roller is now 22.5 x1, going to stick with that for awhile to let my joints adapt. 4x1 proved to be too much volume. Parallette push ups have been switched to parallette PPPU after I overstretched a little. Weight is about 183-185.

Amebix138

Yee-haw, just deadlifted 300 pounds for the first time in my life at a bodyweight of 180. That comes up to 1.66x BW. Next stop 400. It was intense, It lingered on the floor for like a full second then just started moving up. Only problem is now im worried I just asymptomatically slipped a disc, haha.

No longer doing the wrist roller, I guess the cord is too short because it feels like more weight then the bones of my forearm can handle. Going to switch to wrist circles in a bucket of sand (too cheap for rice). I did some ring HS last workout and this workout my HePSU were too easy. I had to count the books to make sure I didnt accidentaly add one. This seems to me to mean I could use more overhead volume, thus, my current routine is:

HePSU 3x3 @ 3"

Bent arm HS 3x30s

PPPU on paralettes 3x5

Tuck lsits 3x30s

Rice bucket 2x50 each arm

Pull ups 7/6/5/4/4

Leg press 315x5x5

Amebix138

New weighted pull up PR: 40 pounds, up from 35. Tried to do a 50 pound chin up but missed that bar by about 1-2 inches. Wrist roller turned out to be slowly destroying my forearm, and rice bucket hurts my shoulder somehow (WHEN WILL IT END!?) so I'm getting some captains of crush grippers and extensor bands next month, light rice bucket until then.

Felt pretty tired today so did the days workout at reduced volume. Been a bit less then 8 weeks since last break.

Still a long ways from a tuck front lever, very lame.

Leg press now 325x5x5

edit: Got that 50 pound chin.

Amebix138

I tried benching 175 today, couldnt do it. Thats only 10 pounds more then what I could get months ago. The PPPU are not getting me to where I want to go. Im going to start doing weighted push ups.

Joshua Naterman

Good job on your weighted pullups! The sand is pretty rough, it's much harder than a bucket of rice. When you get your bands check out Ido's shoulder video, there are a lot of good moves there to stabilize your shoulders. Where do you feel the pain?

Amebix138

Thanks slizzardman. The pain is in my anterior delt, im pretty sure its the bicep tendon. I dont get the pain if I flex my elbow to ninety degrees but then I also dont get much of a workout.

Joshua Naterman

I don't know enough to give any kind of assessment based on that, but it sounds plausible. I don't know if it could be some pectoralis minor issues or not as well, but I know I have extreme tightness in mine on the right shoulder, and that is contributing directly to my current shoulder pains. The fish oil, along with deep tissue massage, seems to be helping mine. I only had one 1hour massage, and the guy just took care of my back and rear right delt stuff since that was all there was time for, but it feels better than it did. I will report more after the next session, in a few weeks, when I have the front part of the shoulder taken care of. In the mean time, you can try using a tennis ball to massage the muscles connected to the area where you feel pain, just lean on the ball against a wall, use your other hand to stabilize the ball so it doesn't slip away, and roll it around. You'll figure it out pretty quick, it's easy and it can really help a lot!