This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Amebix138's Log - ARISE!!

Started by Amebix138, June 29, 2009 · 35 Replies · 2,713 Views

Amebix138

Decided to start a new log. First order of business is joint concerns:

Wrist: Handstands are causing pain, so I've eased back the frequency. I refuse to stop though. Hopefully the wrist rolling and wrist pushups (GTG) combined with reduced frequency will take care of the issue.

Fingers: Experiencing strain. Its those goddamned ring pushups, fighting them wanting to turn inwards is a lot of stress for the fings. Think I'll start doing bulgarians with rings staying in the same position.

Shoulders: Post. shoulder experiencing mild overuse pain, taking an extra day off. Biceps are chronically tight, affecting dips and handstand push-ups.

Elbows: Tendonitis SIGNIFICANTLY better then it was 6 months ago. I couldnt even ATTEMPT to kick into a wall handstand without pain, can do them for 2min + now pain free. Ring chins I can also hit hard, but for some reason things like closing the locks on the garage door still easily cause pain. Keep at the massage, keep at the ring chins.

Neck: Chiro, stretching.

Lower back: Overuse, the weighted planks actually. Easing back...

Knees: Coming off tendonitis, can sprint and do weighted box jumps without problems, just did a 1RM squat actually, hip flexor flared up but some massage took care of it, feels fine now. WOOHOO. Couldnt even do 1 pain free air squat 6 months ago. Need to stop neglecting massaging my quads.

Ankle: I have no effin' clue what my ankles problem is. I did some weighted Tib Ant. raises about 6 weeks ago and its been feeling sore and unstable since. Stretch and massage I guess...

Current barbell 1RM at a BW of 193 (6'1)

Squat: 230

Deadlift: 280

Bench: 150

Press : 105 (115?)

Yesterdays workout:

Ring chins: 1x5 4x20second negative - Personal best

Jumping dips: 3x7 1x5 - So close to an unassisted. Bicep needs to be loosen up before I start doing these more frequently, if at all.

Weighted plank: 45# 2x25seconds - Going to go for 1 min instead of adding more weight

Wrist roller: 12.5# extensors 3x1 flexors 3x1

Weighted 28" box (stair) jumps : 7.5# 3x20

RLL 3x15 bw

Amebix138

Resting, maybe some swimming if the weather is nice

Chiro appointment today, I'm going to have him do ART on my shoulders, wrist and bicep as well as my elbows.

Amebix138

Todays workout:

HS wall runs: 1x30seconds - kept falling over, need to practice this more.

wall HS: 2x1min 15s

inverted hang/leaning into full front lever: 1x40seconds

tuck front lever pulls: 1x4

inverted hang/front lever: 1x40second

tuck front lever pulls : 1x3

RLL: 3x20

Wrist roller - extensors: 4x1

Uphill sprints 3x1

And maybe a few sets of weighted planks later on tonight.

Amebix138

Todays workout:

Ring PU: 1x5 2x4 - These give me a pain that I know will give me issues if I ignore it. Ditchin' em for planches.

Ring PPP hold: 1x12 seconds - Worse pain

Planks: 45# 3x25seconds

RLL 3x20

Ring chin ups: 1x6 4x20second negative - Not going to call this a PR because my rings slipped ( :shock: ) and I had to adjust em quick on the first set. Shoulders sure feel good though. Rings have got sand in them or something, what I get for training in a playground.

Wrist roller: extensors & flexors 12.5# 5x1

Box jumps: 10# 3x20

Amebix138

Todays workout:

Ring chins: 1x6 1/2, 2x20 second negative - PR

Wrist roller 15#: extensors 3x1 flexors 2x1

Wall HS: 3x1min 15seconds

Rack squats 45#: 3x10

Taking a week off.

Amebix138

Just benched 155.

Amebix138

Today's workout:

Kind of a mess today, reps are give or take.

Inverted hang x50-1min

front lever pulls x5

Inverted hang x1min

front lever pulls 2x5

frogstand 6x6-9 seconds 1x10s

plank 2x1min bodyweight - total endurance workout :x :x 1x30second 45#

wrist roller 15#: extensors 5x1 flexors 4x1

SLS bottom position: each leg about 2min total, sometimes resting and sometimes trying to bounce up

Uphill sprints 6x1

Amebix138

Todays workout:

Ring chins: 1x6 5x20 second negative - Theres too much of a rotational element for the forearms in this one, I'm going to switch to hammer grip. Bummed I didn't hit 7. Im going to ditch the front lever pulls and do pull ups every workout.

Wall HS: 2x 1:20 1x 1:15 - Theres something wrong in my posterior delt. it started to hurt but not in the way it usually does, this was like a stretchy-inflammation in a specific muscle that ran along the medial edge of the rear delt. It got worse if I pushed my chest through my arms like when locking out a barbell press. The feeling was vaguely like trigger point therapy. Could be tight triceps, I'm going to start stretching them out alot more.

Wrist roller 17.5#: extensors + flexors 3x1

Box jumps for distance and height: 3x20

Planks 45#: 2x :30

50 air squats - Going to start doing these at the end of the day to build some endurance/metcon.

Amebix138

Todays workout:

Tuck front lever pulls 5x5

Planche 2x10

PPP Hold 1x12

Uphill sprints 7 intervals

First knuckle push ups hold on feet 3xY - ill plan this out better next workout

Wrist push ups on knees 3xY - Ditto

V-ups 2x18 1x16 - are these supposed to be so hard?

RLL 1x25 - I cant even feel these, no point.

Thats it for me today. I feel like a walking injury/shitty. I need to revamp this whole day. Im thinking replace the pulls with chins, do a 10 second planch set whenever my shoulder is feeling fresh.

Bunch of handstand pushups onto books, maybe 3x5

Frogstand 1x :6

Amebix138

Ive decided on what I will be doing:

Recon ron pull up program TO 20!

Work up to full ROM HePSU

Work regular push ups then move to PPP.

Strengthen wrists - first knuckle and wrist push ups

Strengthen abs + lower back - v ups, jumping, RLL with added resistance

Lower body: Jumping, uphill sprinting

Then once I become decent in those two overhead exercises, I shall add front and back levers. Then hopefully, one day, work on the planche.

I like it.

Amebix138

This weeks to do:

Ring hammer chin: 3/3/2/2/2 - quality reps, rings spaced the distance of my forearm and extended fingers. Next week is 4/3/2/2/2.

HePSU: 6" of books 5/5/4. Going to continue that 3 times a week (3x5) for a month then take off an inch.

Wall extensions 1x8 - these hit the spot.

Wrist push ups + first knuckle: 3x :15 - Doing these statically.

=======================================

FX push ups - 15/10/10 - next two workouts will be 17/12/10 and 20/15/12

45# weighted plank: 1x :35 - After :30 my back began to sag lower and lower by the second. Lower back was not too happy..

feet elevated unweighted plank with torso leaning back as far as possible: 1x30

Uphill sprint intervals : 4 - different hill today, slighter incline but longer I believe. Dont know if it was that or that I was working on my technique and improved it last night but these killed me fast.

No lower back today. I tried the HS leg raise but the position hurt my head too much. I guess it'll just have to be satisfied with the Natural Leg Curls i'll be doing every wednesday.

Amebix138

Continueing with recon ron, all is well although I dont think i'll be going up in reps weekly, maybe 9-12 days.

HePSU: 3x5 - much easier today

Push Ups as I rx'd: First 2 sets felt pretty good but there was some definite impingement going on in 3rd.

Natural GHR: 2x3

V-ups: 1x12 1x11 1x9 -

Wrist work 3x15

======================================

b2osmbLA2DE

Amebix138

I'm unfortunately unable to update my log at the end of every workout for the moment. Things are progressing as planned, recon ron is feeling alot stronger, handstand push ups the last 2/3 workout I remember doing an extra few reps on the last set.. abs and lower back I've been neglecting, mostly as they have been fried from 3 days of walking miles with a 30 pound pack strapped to my back. Legs are the same situation.

Update on my joints situation:

Wrist: Im no longer doing static wall handstands, and I'm continuing with the wrist work so I believe its only a matter of time before they become a non-issue. ATM they still hurt, but only a little.

Fingers: Still a minor problem, healing fine though.

Shoulders: Too much horizontal pressing aggravates the ant-delt region, handstands push ups causing pain in my post shoulder I wrote about in an earlier post, no clue whats causing it though, and feels like it never happened to moment I'm on my feet again.

Elbows: Hasn't been giving me any problems, consider it healed.

Neck: Still a little pain, interestingly enough if I try to dynamically stretch my biceps by doing arm circle like motions I usually have to stop due to the pain in my neck.

Lower back: All this damn walking and then sitting I've been doing the last few days, the things flared up a little bit. I need to start working back levers.

Knees: Trigger points gone, hip flexors are looser, consider it healed.

Ankle: No longer an issue, the walking cured it, as well as the shin splints I'd sometimes experience

Amebix138

Todays workout:

Day 3 week 2 of recon ron 3/3/2/2/2. All is well.

HePSU - 5 1/2 inches of books: About as hard as 6 was a week ago. Didnt mean to go that low but I guess its what Ill stick with that now.

Push Ups 1x20 1x15

Frogstand: 5x5 seconds - I tried an advance frog stand and I came off the floor a little. Hurray.

PPPU: 1x4

Box jumps 1x25 2x20

GHR 2x3

Amebix138

Just tried to set some barbell PRS:

Squat 235 - FAIL

Press 115 - FAIL

Deadlift 285 - FAIL

So either the past 2 months have been a complete waste of time, or I'm just burned out from previous workouts. I think its the latter. Depressing none the less. Maybe its the weight loss? I weighed in at 188 a few weeks ago, and I ate a cutting diet since then more or less. At least I'm not totally unhappy with the way I look.

Training still going, switched to straddle HS push up negatives. I dont think ill retest my barbell press till I get a full HeSPU. Same with the squat and a SLS. Deadlift will wait till I make some fuggin progress in the front/back lever. The only exercise I'm sure I've made progress on is the planche as I can now do frog stands with just a little bend. Advanced frog stand still not coming though.

Im going to take a week of everything but the pull ups since I've already taken a week of from them. When I came back I felt like I was floating to the bar, even though I only did 4.

Recon ron is now at 4/4/2/2/2 pull-ups on a straight bar.

Routine ATM looks like:

A

---

HeSPU negatve 3x3

5x35second static handstand

L-sit 5x6 seconds

assisted SLS 3x3

GHR hold 6x10 seconds

Recon ron pull ups program

rice bucket or wrist pushups

B

--

Warm up with lower rep pushups, the higher rep were draining me.

PPU 3x5

30-40 seconds planche work then play around with advanced frog stand

6-7 uphill sprint intervals

rest the same as A

Amebix138

Getting serious with my programming, heres next weeks plan:

Day 1 - August 26th

--------

Straddle handstand onto 5" of books 3x3 - I have a stack of "Out of this Worlds: Encyclopedia of the Bizarre" that are a few cm's thin, Im just going to remove 1 or 2 per week.

Static HS 5x35 seconds

One legged l-sit 30seconds each leg - Man this is TEARING up my ant delt hanging from that bar. I guess I'll just do them on the floor again.

Uphill sprints 5 intervals - some douche covered the hill I ran on with wood chips.

1x4 SLS

Day 2 - August 28th

---------

Frogstand 6x10seconds - Started easy but ended as a decent challenge

PPU 3x5 - These are tough.

l-sit 5x6 seconds

Natural leg curl negatives 3x3

SLS 2x3

Rice bucket 2x10 1x20

Wrist push up 1x5

Day 3 - August 30th

---------

Straddle handstand onto 5" of books 3x3

Static HS 5x40 seconds - One might have been 50s.

Sit ups - arms raised overhead behind ears and feet unhooked but kept on the floor 2x11 - Didn't feel like doing l sits today.

Leg elevated plank 1min

Ido's explosive lower body routine

Rice bucket 2x10 1x20

Recon Ron will continue as planned and once I can do 12 I'll start working front/back levers and switch to weighted pull ups.

Amebix138

Just hit 105x2 on the barbell press, looks like the problem was fatigue. Hell I probably could have gone for 3. Im going to start back into training tomorrow, I'm feeling pretty fresh already. Even did a bunch of planche work last night, and I've lost about 10 pounds since. Pretty kewl.

Since I trained the planche last night I'm going to do the HS workouts twice this week and the planche once. Recon ron was tough today, I might have to start waiting longer then 1 week to increase again.

Amebix138

Last day of recon ron, taking 2 days off instead of one.

Amebix138

Recon ron is now 5/4/3/2/2. Not all that hard although the reps werent strict-strict. Next week is 5/4/3/3/3, I should be able to do that fine.

Amebix138

Next weeks plan:

Im cutting out the planche again to focus exclusively on PPPU, then maltese, then wall planche, and then wall maltese. I figure I need to build up that basic strength before tackling more advanced strength work. That and my wrists and shoulder are a mite tender,

Day 1 - September 2nd

----------

HeSPU 2x3 @ 5", 1x2 1x3 @ 4.5" - First two sets were too ez.

PPPU 3x5 - Minor pain in clavicle at lockout.

Lsit 1x7 1x6 - Thats it for me today, my abs are still recovering from last workout

Wrist roller F/E 2x1 @ 20#

LB

Recon ron was surprisingly easy today.

Day 2 - September 4th

----------

Straddle HePSU 2x3 1x1 1x2 - Who knows.

Static HS 5x45 seconds - These are fun

Lsit 1x7 - Done hanging from bar, hurt like hell but didnt feel all that hard.

Situps w/ arms extended 2x11

Wrist roller E: 2x1 @ 20# 1x1 @ 17.5# F: 3x1 @17.5

LB - These squat jumps are hurting my lower back. Sprints it is.

Day 3 - September 6th

----------

HePSU 3X3 - Were a fair challenge if I went from a dead stop on the books. Going to do that for another week.

PPPU 3x5 - Goes down smooth.

Situps 2x12

Wrist roller @ 15 F/E 4x1

Half GHR 1x5 - Lower body is feeling a little beat so there will be no sprinting today.

100 BW Squats - My legs are jello.

==========

LB routine:

Box jumps 3x10

Squat jumps 3x10 - 3x11

Half GHR 3x5

Standing on one leg 1x60 seconds

Calf jumps 1x50

===========

hdhonK8NMm8

Amebix138

Just benched 165. Nearing BW!

Amebix138

Forget it, doing it as RX'd.

Posting the program here for convienance sake:

Step 1:1,1,1,1,1 Step 16:9,7,6,5,5

Step 2:2,2,1,1,1 Step 17:10,7,6,6,5

Step 3:3,2,2,1,1 Step 18:10,8,6,6,6

Step 4:3,2,2,2,1 Step 19:10,8,7,6,6

Step 5:4,2,2,2,2 Step 20:11,8,7,7,6

Step 6:4,3,2,2,2 Step 21:12,9,7,7,7

Step 7:4,4,2,2,2 Step 22:13,9,8,7,7

Step 8:5,4,3,2,2 Step 23:14,9,8,8,7

Step 9:5,4,3,3,3 Step 24:14,10,8,8,8

Step 10:6,4,4,3,3 Step 25:15,10,9,8,8

Step 11:6,5,4,4,3 Step 26:16,10,9,9,8

Step 12:7,5,4,4,4 Step 27:16,11,9,9,9

Step 13:7,6,5,4,4 Step 28:17,11,10,9,9

Step 14:8,6,5,5,4 Step 29:18,11,10,10,9

Step 15:8,7,5,5,5 Step 30:18,12,10,10,10

Amebix138

Next weeks plan:

Day 1 - September 9th

----------

HePSU 2x3 1x1 1x3 - this is starting to bug me

Static HS 5x50 seconds - tough!

Situps 1x13 1x9 1/2

Wrist Roller F/E 5x1 @ 15#

Sprints x4

tabata squats 3 intervals - I think it was 20 17 12 :/

Day 2 - September 11th

----------

HePSU 3x3 - Went alright, last set was a challenge

PPPU 3x5 - Didnt feel like enough volume..

Lsit - 3x10s - I tried a wider grip on the bar today, was painless the first set but hurt the next 2.

Wrist Roller F/E 4x1 @ 17.5#

Half GHR 1x3

Bicep tendon was popping out of place a little painfully every time I flexed my ant delt. Responds to stretching.

I'm going to bring high bar squats back into my routine.

Day 3 - September 13th

------------

HePSU 3x3 - Going to lower another half inch

Static HS 5x50 seconds - Easier!

L sits 0x0 - couldnt even raise into an L today.

Wrist Roller F/E 5x1 @ 17.5

September 6th: Current BW is 185. Target is 170 after which I plan on slowly bulking up to a lean-ish 180.

XELpxApT8Kc

Amebix138

Recon ron is now 5/4/3/3/3.

Amebix138

This weeks plan:

Nevermind on the more PPPU volume, 3 was enough.

Day 1 - September 16th

-------------

HePSU 3x3 @ 4" from the floor - went well. I'd never been that close to the floor before, it felt like such a long way down.

PPPU 3x5 - Tough, slight pain in clavicle if I really push it, as well as a little soreness in ant delt after.

Wrist roller @ 20# F/R 3x1 - Wicked forearm pump.

HBBS 3x5 @ 95# - Forget the squats, my body just doesnt tolerate external loading well for some reason. Spine felt weird, and I got that decompression pain.

Lsits 1x10 seconds 1x11 seconds - ouch.

elbow was hurting a little when I finished my pull ups, going to rest the next 2 days.

Day 2

----------------

I am getting sick of joint pain, so I'm going to start steady state'ing after 5-7 days rest.

HePSU 1x2 2x3 - Not sure, I think I descended too slowly

Static HS 5x55 seconds - There was pain in my elbow when I locked it out. Sigh..

Lsits 1x11 seconds - OW.

Wrist roller @ 20# 3x1

Sprints x3

Day 3

-------

REST

QW3fevG-pY0