William, could it be tendonitis in the lower pecs?
If so, you may need to start over.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Lee, October 6, 2014 · 60 Replies · 4,847 Views
William, could it be tendonitis in the lower pecs?
If so, you may need to start over.
Ravn said:William, could it be tendonitis in the lower pecs?
If so, you may need to start over.
I cant be 100% sure, but because beeing at a doctor and the pain beeing on the top part of the sternum(near top of chest) i think no.
It really feels like when pressure is from exercises in right plane is involved its clamping a nerv somehow...annoying. but i stopped the exercises given me pain for month, i had this also before i started here with F1 and so on.
When pressing fingers on the top part of corpus sterni its also a small pain but a different one. So i start to believe its a nerv thing
William- sounds like costochondritis. Usually this occurs when the pec muscle elevates the rib on the sternum. Try some massaging of the pecs. If that doesn't work normally rib joint mobilising does. In that case you will need a therapist to do this..
This iM works the pecs alot so it is not unusual.
Mark Collins said:William- sounds like costochondritis. Usually this occurs when the pec muscle elevates the rib on the sternum. Try some massaging of the pecs. If that doesn't work normally rib joint mobilising does. In that case you will need a therapist to do this..
This iM works the pecs alot so it is not unusual.
Thanks Mark! Sounds reasonable to me. Do you have some tipps for rib joint mobility exercises?
After moving to another city i will try again to get a doctor for that.
Sometimes deep breathing combined with thoracic rotation works. Usually manual therapy is needed.
Hi all:
Being stuck on the half straddle bent arm planche hold, I've read this thread and a more recent one for guidance several times. It seems the common thread is that people are suggesting that one master the pseudo planche pushup in order to conquer this iM movement. In my case, I've just started HBP/PE3 and am now also on SPL/SE1 at the same time. If I'm already working on HBP/PE3 right after SPL/SE1, should I just skip the iM after the frog stands, do additional PPP's, or work something else in its place? I'd submit a video of my trying to get into the half straddle bent arm planche, but it would just be a person slowly leaning forward out of a crouch and then face planting.
1 hour ago, Christopher Denzer said:Hi all:
Being stuck on the half straddle bent arm planche hold, I've read this thread and a more recent one for guidance several times. It seems the common thread is that people are suggesting that one master the pseudo planche pushup in order to conquer this iM movement. In my case, I've just started HBP/PE3 and am now also on SPL/SE1 at the same time. If I'm already working on HBP/PE3 right after SPL/SE1, should I just skip the iM after the frog stands, do additional PPP's, or work something else in its place? I'd submit a video of my trying to get into the half straddle bent arm planche, but it would just be a person slowly leaning forward out of a crouch and then face planting.
Be sure to forcefully protract and depress your scapulae, as this will shorten the lever and generate more force.
I was absolutely stuck on this iM for a while and the two best pieces of advice I got were:
1. Get super strict with PPP's. Even if you have to start them all over, really master them with correct alignment, elbows in front of wrists, hands down by the bottom ribs and brief hold at the top.
2. When doing the iM itself, try starting out on a pair of low-ish paralettes (the DIY kind everyone has). I worked up to 5x10 seconds on the paralettes and then found I was able to do it on the floor after a month or so.
Worked for me, hope it works for anyone else.
In regards to elbow position for the Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Hold, is it okay for the upper bicep to be squeezing against your sides or is there actually a space between your upper arm and your side?
Awesome question, Dylan. There is some contact but avoid squeezing. You don't want to rely on that pressure for aid, especially after the initial learning curve. At first, squeezing might be helpful to learn the balance but remember to eliminate the habit as soon as you can.
1 hour ago, Everett Carroll said:Awesome question, Dylan. There is some contact but avoid squeezing. You don't want to rely on that pressure for aid, especially after the initial learning curve. At first, squeezing might be helpful to learn the balance but remember to eliminate the habit as soon as you can.
@Everett Carroll thanks for this clarification. This is a real game changer for me. I've been trying to avoid any contact between my arms and torso and haven't gotten anywhere.