Question about integrated and ladder sets

Started by Andario, June 28, 2009 · 0 Replies · 2,265 Views

Andario

Hey everyone,

Coach Sommer mentions in the basic strength training section of BtGB that is it best to pair exercises and rotate between them. I took this to mean supersetting, which I have been using with a 3x5 traditional training design. Was I correct in this assumption? In this way I was performing all of my basic strength without rest, then performing my fundamental static positions afterwards, with about 30-45 seconds of rest between. If I was to do integrated training would the correct thing to do be, say, a FSP I can hold for about 10-15 sec, rest less than 30 sec, do the paired FBE, rest, opposite FSP, rest, opposite FBE, and then finish whatever static time I needed to complete 60 seconds work time?...then do the other half of the workout (leg/core, assuming I did press/pull first)?

If I wanted to dabble with regular ladders, probably 1,2,3 x sets setup (anyone experience with this?), How would I organize it? 1 rep push, 1 pull, 2 push, 2 pull...supersetting and taking rest between sets? If so, how could I incorporate integrated training? Is this reasonable, or should I go with what I outlined above with the traditional style integrated?

Thanks a lot to any who reply,

Andrew