Prerequisite question

Started by Mrelevator, September 24, 2014 · 7 Replies · 2,079 Views

Mrelevator

So I wrote a longer intro post but I messed up I think and it did t post so here's te short version:

Hello!! Total noob to the forum but I've decided to purchase f1 asap.

After reading a bitof the forums throughout the day I've seen a few post mentioning "prerequisites" to f1 outlined either by coach or by other members (I'm not sure).

Is this true ? I've tried the search tool as well as manually clicking back to 2013 and can't seem to find anything.

Would be of great help if someone could point me In the right direction.

I have ok stats (relative to people on here) muscle ups, v sit, straddle 1 arm push , ring wide pull, but I know I'm going to be starting "over" so to speak so not really concerned with numbers now.

jules

I am not aware of any prerequisites for Foundation 1. 

Rayne-William

Prerequisites Thread

 

Just start the Foundation course and at some point later start the Handstand course.

 

By the time you finish the Foundation course and the Handstand course, you will have most of the "Prerequisites" checked off.

Alexander Egebak

The so-called prerequisities thread was created up to the release of F1 to prepare people for the program having them progressing faster.

Ravn
Freshpro said:

The so-called prerequisities thread was created up to the release of F1 to prepare people for the program having them progressing faster.

Actually it was more of an amendment to "Building the Gymnastic Body", which turned out to bee too hard for most people. Notifying people of those prerequisites allowed them to ease into BtGB without getting injured, essentially starting at a much lower level than the book. But certainly it is not a bad idea to get acquainted with the prereqs prior to F1.

Mrelevator

Thank you all for your replies.

Sounds like I just need to get my hands on F1 asap... Sucks being a poor college student. Hopefully I'll snag it in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for posting the curriculum, though I've browsed over that and I'm well aware that F1 was designed to not have prerequisites.

I guess I should of used a different word or been more specific. I was just looking, I suppose, for some kind of basic introductory and prep. That I could do for the next few weeks leading up to me acquiring F1.

Thanks again for your time !

Mrelevator

And I didn't realize that the link was active Rayne so I guess I pretty much can answer my own question.

Thank you !!