This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL - Abs sticking out in hollow body hold variations

Started by Chris Moody, September 19, 2014 · 3 Replies · 337 Views

Chris Moody

This may sound odd and I might be overthinking things but when I attempt to do hollow body holds or rocks, my abs tend to stick out. When I stand up straight and think about creating a hollow body I can somewhat perform the abdominal vacuum and keep them sucked in but as soon as I move to the floor it's almost as if when I contract they push out. I can keep my lower back on the ground for PE1 and I was halfway through PE2 when I got concerned with it. I can keep that area flat when I raise my shoulders but as soon as I float my legs it happens. The athlete in the video seems to have everything flat. Granted, I have a good amount of fat on that part of my body but I think even if I was lean enough to have veins on my abdominals they'd be sticking out.

 

Does this make any sense? Am I compensating in some way?

TANSTAAFL

Check this.

Chris Moody

I can't believe how recently that thread was posted. Sorry for that. And thank you, TANSTAAFL.

Spphysio

Ok try to keep the hollow body position and try to squeeze hard your abs while you doing it and tell us if still your abs are sticking out when doing this...