Hello all
I have read the Gymnastic Bodies book and worked out the exercises I can do, those I can barely do more than 1-2 reps and those that I have no chance of doing at the moment. I read the Programme design guide and have settled on a whole body strength routine combining static work with strength work. Here is what I have come up with.
Routine 1a
pull-up
frog stand + raised fx push-up (use pb’s)
deck squat
pb tuck + hll tuck half
Routine 2a
xr ground rows
frog stand + pb jumping dips
single leg squat negative
pb bent + archup
60 sec hold (based around 5-10 sec sets depending on strength)
3 sets x 3 reps for strength element
I will cycle these 2 routines every other workout. I cannot do any front or back levers yet as I am not strong enough. I intend to train 4 days per week in combination with my boxing. I am using a steady state cycle and intend to stick with the exercises as outlined here for 8 weeks to allow the overload>load>underload progression.
Is this any good? Should I be cycling 4 different routines as opposed to just the 2? Should I increase the length of sets in the hold exercises as I get stronger during the 8 week cycle or wait until a new cycle?
Coach mentions that it is best not to increase the reps/change the exercises until your body has adapted over the 8 week cycle. Does that mean I should not be increasing the difficulty of a particular movement - ie. change negative single leg squats to full rom single leg squats?
Thanks for reading and I look forward to feedback.